RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

joined the RS4 club

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default joined the RS4 club

had been contemplating ordering a 2012 S4, but then got lured in by a 2008 RS4 that happened to be sitting at the dealership. i didn't actually buy the one that first swayed me to a used RS4 (looks like that one went to neoprufrok), but i did grab the next one that the dealer got in.

having had a 2000 B5 S4 and a 2005 Mitsu Evo 8 MR, i wasn't sure where the RS4 would fall in comparison. i liked the S4 for it's combo of niceness and sportiness, but once i got the Evo the S4 just felt slow and boring. fortunately, it seems that the RS4 has all of the niceness of the S4 with almost all of the performance of the Evo. oh yes!

the RS4 definitely doesn't feel as nimble or direct as the Evo, but in every other way it is equal to or much much better. going back to an Audi interior has been quite nice and the sound of the engine is just incredible. being the first non-turbo'd car i've owned in 11 years, i do sort of miss the turbo boost feel, but i think i'll get used to having instant power at almost any RPM. : )
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2011, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a good looking car. Congratulations! Much better overall balance than your previous cars. Now you have performance AND comfort.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

yea, previous owner took great care of the car and it only has 19250 miles on it. couldn't find a single ding or chip in the paint and i swear the interior looks almost brand new.

the first RS4 i looked at had the Ti package and i quite liked the look of that, but the non-Ti has grown on me -- i think i like the contrast that the rims and mirrors give. plus, my Evo was graphite grey with the grey BBS rims, so need to change things up a bit.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DSCI4
yea, previous owner took great care of the car and it only has 19250 miles on it. couldn't find a single ding or chip in the paint and i swear the interior looks almost brand new.

the first RS4 i looked at had the Ti package and i quite liked the look of that, but the non-Ti has grown on me -- i think i like the contrast that the rims and mirrors give. plus, my Evo was graphite grey with the grey BBS rims, so need to change things up a bit.
Great looking car - and I am not a fan of black or the Ti look (I can have it if I want - I just don't have to wash the car)
Old 08-09-2011, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ha! I totally agree. If I want graphite rims, I just don't have to wash my car for a week and viola - I have graphite rims.

Nice ride! I like your taste!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

do you want pics of your car being detailed prior to your ownership?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats here too!

Ah, looks so nice, I do miss it. Have fun!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fauxtek
do you want pics of your car being detailed prior to your ownership?
i saw those pics of when it was detailed by doot. i may need to use his service in the future since there's no way i could detail it like that.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Here's the pics from last year when doot was detailing it.

http://miwasoft.com/gallery3/index.php/detailing

I had recently contacted him to detail it again, but then I kinda sold it. :P

I guess I should fix my sig here, since it now lists your car.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Miwa
Congrats here too!

Ah, looks so nice, I do miss it. Have fun!
we'll have to meet up when i'm back in town. and i'm sure we can work out a swap of the RS4 and the R8 for a day if you start missing it too much...

Quick Reply: joined the RS4 club