RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Lack of RS4 aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lack of RS4 aftermarket

Probably bad news for people who love to mod, although one could argue that this car is already "modded" from the factory. I e-mailed AWE just to see if they had any plans for the RS4 and they basically said "no". My guess is that there isn't going to be much done with this car, or at least not by many. If I was to speculate on the reason, I would guess that the production volume, and then the percentage of people who would mod the car on top of that already small volume, really doesn't justify meaningful R&D or production costs. Just thought I'd pass it on.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front brakes, full exhaust, short-shift, euro-wheel, coilovers, + wheels...what's wrong with that!

oh yeah, and Revo remap... it may not exist yet... but I can tell you that it's worth it...having it.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:12 PM

Default There's a few things available

Stasis BBK and Motorsport suspension, Milltek exhaust, and Hartmann Wheels.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I suppose it's out there, just a limited selection...

I'm just surprised that a big player like AWE isn't planning on doing anything.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:39 PM

It's a limited edition car though. I think we're doing good for 8 months into its US lifespan
Old 12-22-2006, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I can't say that I consider Hartmann wheels a real option for the RS4.....

They may suffice as "snow" wheels, but not as "main" wheels. Show me a wheel in 9 or 9.5" width that will fit, looks at least as good as the stock pieces and is light enough to justify it's pricing.

The perfect wheel for the RS4 would be the BBS RGR if it came in the proper fitment. Their 19x9.5 wheel is one-piece forged, 21lbs, and less than $900.

Something like the MTM bimoto, which I think is a gorgeous wheel, and also fits in 9.5" width weighs a whopping 40lbs each.

This leaves you with basically with HRE and Iforged. Can't say that the weight savings of 1 or 2 lbs in the correct fitment justifies their pricing. I've also heard that these 3-piece wheels have a lot of balancing issues.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly my point......

It is too limited for tuners to bother investing time, effort and money. For the small number of RS4's, then the almost miniscule number of people who will actually mod it, it doesn't seem worth the effort. Can't say I blame them. Better to spend time building turbo upgrade kits, etc, etc, etc for the 2.0T where the mod potential and the mod market is much bigger.

That is also the beauty of the RS4, however. Think of it an S4 modded to the max by Quattro GmbH
Old 12-22-2006, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Return on investment is probably not great enough, if at all... but if you really wanted a monster

I am sure you could find a shop to do some custom work but that would be very expensive.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default most likely an mods will be an independant project.

one person was was talking with a shop about a 4.2(rs6) swap on the rs4 or a 2.7t. The tuning of the rs4 leaves little room to play, and is too costly to do the r&d. on a side note- i thought i remember you saying that you bought the rs4 because you were done with the "mod" stage of your life? I may be wrong???
Old 12-23-2006, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You are right....

I did say I was done with major modding. I was just commenting on the state of affairs with regards to the RS4. The fact that there isn't much out there says a lot for the car in stock from and is less temptation for me!!!!

Quick Reply: Lack of RS4 aftermarket