RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

larryV: Nice to meet you, and thanks for the advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default larryV: Nice to meet you, and thanks for the advice.

The Pagid Black RS14s worked great at Road America. No fade and very impressive stopping power. From what I can see they also had very little wear.

Cheers,

Larry
Old 09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default What a blast! It was nice to meet you too...

Didn't get to touch base with all the other RS4 drivers as much as I wanted to since it seemed like we were all kept busy between lapping, class, ride-alongs, chowing down on double brats and schnitzel burgers, but it was great to see a solid RS4 turnout. I counted at least four (2 misano reds including mine, your avus, and Leonard's imola).

What an amazing track Road America is! It was my first time there. A horsepower track with gloriously long straights and some fast sweeping turns perfectly suited for our cars. And I was completely wrong about my estimates on how the brakes would do. At a smaller, tighter handling track like Blackhawk, I almost entirely used up a brand new set of the same Pagid RS14's for nearly the same amount of lapping sessions. Although Road America had the longer straights between turns to cool off the brakes, I figured the higher terminal speeds reached before each braking zone would overcome the extra cooling afforded by the long straights. As it turns out, I was wrong and a brand new set of the Pagids had much less wear than I expected. I estimate about 60% pad life remaining. Not only was RA fun to drive, it's also much kinder to brakes and tires from what I'm used to. It was also a refreshingly new experience to have to shift to 5th gear at a track. Made me smile that much more throughout the whole event.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road America is a great place...

The rainy session I drove on Monday afternoon was really a blast too. The car never put a foot wrong. Even when I had to come to a complete stop to avoid a 911 in front of me that discovered what happens when you lift in turn 7.

I had two such experiences. The "Dr. Vader" GT3RS also spun in front of me. In the dry on Tuesday at turn 5. Evil cars indeed. I much prefer the lower excitement levels of the RS4. Quattro rules!