RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

long shot: anyone selling Milltek exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
kem
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default long shot: anyone selling Milltek exhaust?

Bad time to spend $1500+ but a deal on a used one I could swing. RS4 is begging for exhaust... the V8 wants to be heard.

res or no-res, doesn't matter.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, but it's damaged. .

j/k. . . Actually, it wasn't hit during the accident. Once I get the car back, I plan on driving back and forth in my employer's parking garage with the windows down in 1st gear. Damn, I miss her badly. . .
Old 05-16-2007, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good luck, everyone wishes there were more used ones available.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

What does the wait look like? small fortune? 26K on my wifes accident last wk.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:36 PM

Default It appears that the wait will be brief

The OEM parts will arrive tomorrow or Friday. Not sure about the total costs given that the original estimate was based on a S4, 'cause the RS4 was not in Farmer's system yet.

They have yet to provide me with an estimate on filling in the trapezoid on the rear panels (i.e. replacing the panel with an A4 piece), but I'm confident that I will go through with it, despite the cost.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well thats good, one thing...

I know your paint is a different color than mine but my Sales Mgr told me this last week, when i got my car i found a flaw in the paint in the rear bumper. They traded for another Daytona and swapped bumpers...all good.

He tells me it took 3 attempts to properly match the paint and even the last attempt was "close" they traded the car for a Phantom Black. I wonder who got that car and if they even know.

Anyway my point is I've heard not only from them but from the shop my wifes 550 is at which is also a Audi/Lambo collision center that our paints are difficult to match and require a expert hand.

I hope you have one up there taking care of your baby.

Good luck.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Thanks. I had success with them three years ago (w/ my A6)

so, I'm optimistic. But, will be cautious during the final inspection given that Avus is no A6 silver. . . BTW, do you still have that Volvo or was that a project?
Old 05-16-2007, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Sold it....

It was a stop gap car when someone bought my E46 M3 unexpectedly ( meaning gobs of cash) and I was needing a car quickly and it was a weird time...nothing appealed to me at the time on what I wanted to spend.

i wanted the wagon but could not get one with all the options I wanted, the S60R was just loaded with everything and was cheap with the Ford rebates totaling 12K! I modded it thinking of building a 450hp version but the dealer network is just horrible, nothing Audi throws at me will shock me now.

The new owner loves it, and what a small world, this guy saw the car on the message boards and contacted me, turns out he was rommates at the USNA with one of my VP's what are the chances?

He loves it, I'm glad he does and I've moved on. Right now I want to finish my A/V upgrade on my car ( this Friday I am hoping) and I am done with the RS4.

I may buy a S8 next week if the 550 is done, the car is jinxed, 2 accidents in 8 months....we will see. I know my dealer is anxious

Lastly, I know you know this but pick the car up and look at it in every light condition, I have noticed that at dusk it really seems to show the contrast if there is paintwork problems...happened on another of my wifes BMWs on LeMans Blue...nightmare!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default McGyver, please change your siggy pic. That damage makes me want to cry!

Your car is beautiful, how about a nice (debadged) piccy instead.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:12 AM

Done

Quick Reply: long shot: anyone selling Milltek exhaust?