RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

M3 Coupe & Sedan pricing announced for the US...

Old 01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default M3 Coupe & Sedan pricing announced for the US...

Coupe: $57,275

Sedan: $54,575 (undercuts IS-F pricing although Lexus is better equipped in base form)

BMW ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR THE ALL-NEW BMW M3 COUPE AND SEDAN AT THE 2008 NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW IN DETROIT
01/13/2008

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - January 13, 2008... During its press conference today at the 2008 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, BMW announced the pricing for the highly anticipated 2008 M3 Coupe and M3 Sedan. When the vehicles go on sale in March, the Coupe will be priced at $57,275 and the Sedan at $54,575. Sharing the high-revving 414-horsepower V8 and balanced chassis designed to be "faster than its engine," this March, BMW M GmbH will offer the most powerful, best performing series production M3s to the North American market.
The all-new 2008 M3 Coupe and M3 Sedan-the fourth generation of compact sport vehicles which set the standard in minimizing any compromises between race-inspired performance and luxury and convenience-feature the first V8 in a series-production BMW M3. They also feature driver-adjustable settings for crucial dynamic controls encompassing engine response, steering, damping and stability (with an available steering-wheel-mounted "MDrive" button to store the preferences) and a sumptuous interior which can be optimized to the driver's desires including the comprehensive entertainment/navigation system operated through BMW's latest iDrive controller.

Additionally, the 2008 M3 Coupe is the first production vehicle in its segment with a carbon fiber reinforced roof. The material shares the same safety properties as steel, but is four times lighter. Weighing around 11 lbs. less than a standard steel roof and approximately 44 lbs. less than a steel roof incorporating a moonroof, the carbon fiber reinforced roof provides significant weight saving at the highest point of the car-lowering the car's center of gravity-to increase agility and responsiveness while limiting dive and roll in turns.

Racing provided the reason for the original M3's 1986 creation as the company had to produce road-going homologation versions of its 3 Series Coupe to enter the motorsports version in the German Touring Car Championship. The original M3's popularity provided the impetus to continue developing the M3, making it both a better performer and more inviting road car. The M3 has continued to evolve along with the underlying 3 Series, the company's most popular, upon which it is based.

In 1987 North Americans received their first taste of the high-rpm, naturally aspirated 2.3-liter four-cylinder M3 Coupe's 192-hp and thus was born a legend on this side of the Atlantic. The next generation arrived in 1995 with a 3.0-liter (and later, 3.2-liter) 240-hp inline-six powerplant. In 1997 the first M3 Sedan joined the family and the first M3 Convertible followed shortly thereafter. The most-recent version, available from 2001-2006 as either a coupe or convertible, again was offered with six-cylinder power, this time providing 333 hp from its 3.2 liters. This vehicle was BMW's first use of SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox) for the U.S. market.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not that I'm trading in my RS4 any time soon, but this is not good for our resale values...

Also Lexus is screwed. You'd have to be insane (or have unusual tase) to pick an IS-F over the M3.
Well I guess this will keep M volume sales up considering the economy is going on a downturn.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:32 PM

Default I'm w/ you, not planning on selling for many years down the road

and who knows how the economy will be at that point.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:36 PM

I've never owned a bmw, so what's your best guess for those fully-loaded?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Average BMW has between $10K and $15K of available options. On the M I think it may be even more

One thing to remember is that the M3 doesn't come with awd, so it is more a 3 season car.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, a 335i bases at $38,900...

Add Premium Package, Cold Weather Package and Navigation and it gets up to $45,900. Of course, there's more you can add, but that's pretty well equipped.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I expect a fully loaded coupe to come in at $70k and sedan at $68k...

the almost-fully-loaded coupe I ordered will probably come in at $68k since I went with a base color (alpine white) and didn't check the extra cost moonroof in order to keep the standard CF roof.

So when you think about it, the RS4 is still one hell of a value considering we got this car almost 2 years ago... also, with the incredibly ****ty dollar at the moment, I'm surprised the M3's base pricing isn't much more if you consider the M3's RoW pricing. BMW is certainly taking a hit on their cars in order to stay competitive in their largest market (US) with new entries like the IS-F and the C63 soon to arrive.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah, I'm going to get ***-raped on the trade in a few months. oh well.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:06 PM

Thx - that alpine white should look real good around the loop
Old 01-13-2008, 06:09 PM

Default It would be a 1 season car where I live

I live in seattle and it is wet most of the year though summers are beautiful.

I think the M3 pricing isn't a big deal. Even if I had to pay 10K more for a similarly equiped RS4, I would go for the Audi. We all did pay more than the last M3. So now BMW is catching up in specs, hats off to them, but it doesn't change anything about the Audi. AWD is a big part of it. Brand is another big part. RS4 is a special car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M3 Coupe & Sedan pricing announced for the US...