RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Magnaflow, oil and some other stuff, now in right forum... :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow, oil and some other stuff, now in right forum... :)

Hi guys!
Been reading up from time to time on what you guys are speculating in!

Magnaflow:
I just (yesterday) mounted my cat-back Magnaflow. Thanks Bob for the tip on hottexhaust! I must say I am really pleased over the sound, sounds soo good and aggresive, it's like one has opened and show the true potential of the RS for the public
BTW, I did take of the neg(-) pool. This caused some strange stuff to appear, like the first thing I noticed was the automatic window down/up function was out of order. This started to work after a while though. My key remote stopped to work for a while, several hours.. also I do think that the system is kinda 're-mapping' cos I do not feel the same responsiveness (went for some curvy roads yesterday). Anyone knows how this works?
Bob, I did not need to remove the (f**ing) torx, you can manage w/o. Also I did plug the vacuum hoses.
Also I was really sceptic on the two smaller tips instead of the stock (or Milltek), but must say I like it. Does really look better live than on pics.

Oil:
I'm starting to get closer to 3k miles and was thinking of changing oil. What have you guys done? What oil, Castrol? As I read in some of the threads Mobile1 was not recommended.. would really appreciate some tips.

Chip:
Anyone here who has installed a chip? Results?

Open air filter:
Read a thread with a test for a S4 with bad results on using open air filter. Anyone any experiences?

Get to gether events, track day or anything else fun to get to gether, drink some beer, drive and talk bs about the german wagons?

RA in PA
Old 06-03-2007, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Forget the hot air intakes but some great track days...

are available from Chin Motorsports. They give from 3 to 5 hours of actual track time at each event which I have heard that many others give only an hour and a half or so...<ul><li><a href="http://www.chinmotorsports.com">http://www.chinmotorsports.com</a</li></ul>
Old 06-03-2007, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default check the manual under 'battery, disconnecting'

there is some info there that might help with resetting everything.

you must be some contortionist, leaving that 'Torx plate' in place during the install!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: check the manual under 'battery, disconnecting'

IIRC, there is an obscure notation in the OM about resetting ECU after battery disconnect...something about holding pedal to floor with key in for 5 seconds...something like that.