RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Millennium Audi screws up my RS4 order bigtime

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millennium Audi screws up my RS4 order bigtime

A little background...

I walked into Millennium Audi in Houston TX in March of last year and put down a $2000 deposit on an RS4, gaining myself first place in line. Louie, my salesman, assured me that we'd get an order placed the first day orders could go in. Great.

Didn't hear anything for the rest of 2005, but that was okay. Not exactly proactive on the dealer's part, but I knew orders couldn't go in yet, so I didn't mind. But when the first day for orders rolled around about a year later, I figured it was probably a good idea to give them a call and make sure it went in.

"Hi! Could I speak to Louie please?"
"He won't be back for at least two weeks."
"Uh, what? He's supposed to place an order for a car for me today."
"Oh. He's in the hospital. Let me have a manager call you back in a few minutes."

So after a few minutes turned into a few hours, I called them back. Got to talk to a manager this time. He told me no worries, they'd placed orders for two RS4s that morning, and one of them was mine. I got him to scrounge up the commission number for me and went on my way.

No more contact for a couple of months. Once someone here reported a potential delivery date for his car, I figured it was a good time to call up Millennium and get them to look up my order in AccessAudi and tell me if I've got a delivery date, too.

"Hi! Could I speak to Louie please?"
"Uuuuuh, Louie doesn't work here anymore."
"Oh, great. He's supposed to be getting me a car."
"Let me have a new sales contact call you back in a few minutes."

A few minutes turned into nearly 24 hours, and I got a call back from a new salesman. On the upside, he seems to be a nice, competent guy. On the downside, the dealership doesn't have a clue who I am. In 24 hours, they haven't found any evidence of my $2000 deposit. Turns out they were looking only at 2006 deposits. I'm sure they'll find it (and I've got proof if they don't), but the point is they're not coming across as too competent here.

So I finally get back to the initial question about which I called in the first place.

"Can you look up this commission number in AccessAudi and tell me its status?"
"Oh, well, no one ever put a name on the order, so it never went into production."

*smack* You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

So, here it is, maybe a month or two before RS4s are supposed to arrive, and my dealer doesn't know who I am, lost my salesman and didn't bother telling me, doesn't have any evidence that I ever gave them a deposit, and never got a name on my order, and Audi isn't even thinking of making me a car yet.

My new salesman assures me that he'll do whatever he can, but I doubt I'll be seeing an RS4 before at least September, if ever.

Great job, Millennium Audi. You're trying really hard to make sure my next car is a BMW.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Wow you got screwed... think they'll cut you a deal -- for your troubles?

Sorry to hear about that. I thnk they should knock some $'s off or something.

On a side note, I feel somewhat vindicated acting like a psycho-bitch girlfriend and e-mailing my dealer on a weekly basis.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor

Speachless
Old 05-02-2006, 02:22 PM

Sorry to hear about that. You will get one if you keep trying. Where there is a will, ...
Old 05-02-2006, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default "psycho-bitch girlfriend"...

That made me laugh. Especially since I have been doing the same thing.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Terrible. I think you will find one pretty easily...

I think the first 250 will sell fairly quickly, but you should be able to find one after that. If you are looking for phantom black, I am pretty sure my dealer left my initial order in the system when I accepted an earlier car.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Elder Member

there will be backouts from this board. i'm sure you'll be able to pick up a spot.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Daytona, actually.

I'm not going to do anything until after my new salesman has had an opportunity to mop up the mess. He's assured me he'll do whatever he can, and I'll give him that chance. Aside from everyone else at the dealership being incompetent, I don't yet have any reason to believe this guy is. If he can get me a car in a reasonable amount of time, he will have a friend in me. :-)

I'm hoping that since the order actually *is* in the system and just hasn't gone to production that they may be able to get it done fairly quickly, but gone are my hopes of having an RS4 for the summer.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Millenium Audi has gone to ****.

The local Audi enth. community in Houston (my self included) all migrated toward Millenium when it opened....great new dealership, great GM's, great service manager and Louie amongst others all hand picked from various other dealers....they all shared our passion and supported our community, Show and Shines, BBQ's, enth. meets, GTG's, fund raisers....cart blanc at the dealer etc....Anyone and everyone who was interested in an Audi in the Houston, hell TX area we refered to there.....who knows how many cars we sold in referals....hell I just bought two myself in April and December from Louie. Anyway...since then....every single person and reason that we all migrated and gave business to that dealership is GONE. GM's have turned over twice now I think, same with Finance guys..Reps (Louie) and Service Managers (Steve) treated like ****....the dealership is no diffrent then Momentum and Advantage West now. Its truly a DAMN shame, they had a great thing going....
Old 05-02-2006, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default so you gave someone $2K with no form of written receipt?

maybe Louie got gonorrhea from ******* too many ****** with the money you gave him. so it's all your fault.

Quick Reply: Millennium Audi screws up my RS4 order bigtime