RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Milltek non resonated valved DP awaiting my return from Florida. Audi dealer will not install.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milltek non resonated valved DP awaiting my return from Florida. Audi dealer will not install.

They did direct me to a performance shop nearby and I called them. Imagine my surprise when the guy told me if I didn't already own the Milltek DP's he would advise against them.

He is happy to install them and love, love, loves the sound but thought they decreased performance and had a tendency so crack from stress fractures caused by tolerance issues.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-26-2008, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

DP's are valved too?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Your post is confusing. Do you mean.......

Milltek non-resonated/valved cat-back exhaust AND downpipes. The dealer should have no issue with installation of the cat-back exhaust. Downpipes are a different story. Technically speaking, they are illegal since they remove the functioning factory catalytic converter.

On a different note, any downpipes on this vehicle are a total waste of money. They add zero hp and can cause problems with your check engine light.

Wih proper individual software tuning with a given set of downpipes and exhaust, a minimal power gain may be realized above the cat-back alone, but currently there is no such comprehensive option in existence.

Forget about the downpipes. Spend the $2000 plus labor costs on something else.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sorry, my bad. I meant the catback system. Non resonated, valved. Dealer will not install.

Is this going to give me a bunch of CEL's?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wow your dealer is pretty lame then. Did you ask them why?

My dealer installed mine. When I had my B5 S4, my dealer installed Stasis suspension, Stoptech brakes, RS4 intercoolers, RS4 clutch, among other things.

A cat-back exhaust is an extremely easy project. If I had a lift, I could have done it myself. The cat-back alone does nothing to the emissions, does nothing to the inputs going into the ECU and therefore will not give you any CEL's whatsoever. DP's are a totally different story and I can understand why the dealership won't install these.

Very weak on the part of your dealership if they won't install a cat-back. Which dealership is this?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had midas or someone similar install the catback for about $50

Downpipes, I'd take to a performance shop. However, I haven't thought about purchasing them because I'm not convinced there's any power gain with the RS4 and it's not worth the money and risk to me if the cats do fail.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My dealer says they don't install any after market stuff. Schaumburg Audi, IL
Old 12-26-2008, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Corrected Post Milltek non resonated awaiting my return from Florida. Audi dealer will not install.

They did direct me to a performance shop nearby and I called them. Imagine my surprise when the guy told me if I didn't already own the Milltek catback system he would advise against them.

He is happy to install them and love, love, loves the sound but thought they decreased performance and had a tendency so crack from stress fractures caused by tolerance issues.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I would think this forum would be a better place to hear about any issues about anything

and since we haven't, and we would, ask where this valuable info originated.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default So what exactly are the down pipes for and why would anyone install them when the

catback system sounds so good?

Quick Reply: Milltek non resonated valved DP awaiting my return from Florida. Audi dealer will not install.