RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Milltek vs. Tubi vs. Borla

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milltek vs. Tubi vs. Borla

I know this subject has probably been discussed hundreds of times already, but I was wondering if those of you who placed an aftermarket exhaust could help me decide which to purchase. All three probably are well-constructed and sound great from the outside, but I was wondering how everyone felt about the interior noise levels. I've read articles in Fourtitude, Automobile, and EVO and there seem to be varying opinions. I use my car primarily for work (I'm a transplant surgeon and I run around helping organ donor organizations collect organs) and occasional long trips (200 miles each way). I want to know what people think of their aftermarket exhausts, whether the interior noise is bearable on longer trips, and if valved systems are reliable.

Thanks for your indulgence
Old 12-31-2007, 07:34 PM

Default I had a Full Tubi System on my 996TT, I loved the sound and swore that when Tubi

came out with a system for my RS4 that that was the way I would go. Well it turns out that the system that Tubi made, was only a half system for 3K. I, instead purchased a full Milltek system W/Downpipes. I had a resonated system at first because I had the same concerns you do about the noise, but ended up returning it for a non-resonated non-valved. The droan is at very low RPM's and just barley noticeable from inside the car.

I have heard a Tubi system on an RS4 and it does sound good. But $ for $ I am very glad I went with the Milltek.

My $0.02
Old 01-01-2008, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Love my Tubi. No drone.

You do hear it but it's not intrusive at all. If you get on it, then it does howl, but it's a fantastic noise! I find I run the radio about two clicks lower to hear all the pops and gurgles when I am just motoring around. I can take calls on the bluetooth with no issues.

Video here (including some regular driving to show it's quiet unless you are pushing the loud pedal):<ul><li><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39nzC9fkmg">RS4 with Tubi</a></li></ul>
Old 01-01-2008, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If cost is not a concern....MTM......

Apparently has electronic control of the sound from mild to wild. Fit, finish and construction is second to none.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: If cost is not a concern....MTM......

Where does one order an mtm from?
Old 01-01-2008, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Love my Tubi. No drone.

Your video convinced me to order the Tubi. Glad to hear it has all those pops and gurgles. Was my favorite part on my Maserati with Tubi
Old 01-01-2008, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hoppen Motorsports. MTM is the creme of the crop for Audi, but be prepared to pay....

Asking whether or not the products are "worth" the price, however, is kinda like asking if the Bugatti Veyron is "worth" $1.2mil.<ul><li><a href="http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com">http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com</a</li></ul>
Old 01-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Hoppen Motorsports. MTM is the creme of the crop for Audi, but be prepared to pay....

Thanks.
$4975? Well my local Tubi installer wants $3100 plus $300 for installation. The MTM does sound very sweet on YouTube. Thanks again
Old 01-01-2008, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You will never go wrong with MTM.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:25 PM
jba
AudiWorld Senior Member

the tubi sounds incredible. MTM sounds boring in comparison. IMO, of course.

Quick Reply: Milltek vs. Tubi vs. Borla