RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

My RS4 Corollary #1 and it's inverse RS4 Corollary #2

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My RS4 Corollary #1 and it's inverse RS4 Corollary #2

RS4 Corollary #1
I have noticed that there are three groups of people (generally) who are more likely to have considerable respect for the RS4, and properly assess it for what it is (and isn't):

1.1) Those who own or who have owned some pretty significant sports cars

1.2) Europeans (BTW, I am American)

1.3) Those who are older - rule of thumb: those who have been driving for more than 20 years

RS4 Corollary #2 (Converse of RS4 Corollary #1)

"If you have not owned much of significance (car-wise), and/if you are American, and/if you are a younger individual, it is highly unlikely (not impossible) that you will assess the RS4 correctly. If all of the above (converses) are true it is highly likely (not 100%) that you will either:

2.1) Over assess the RS4 (and minimize other cars)

2.2) Under assess the RS4 (and maximize cars within your immediate, and limited, field of reference.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

STFU. This is a retarded post and complete over generalization
Old 11-15-2006, 12:28 PM

Default Please calm yourself, I said it was "my" Corollary - let me guess, you are probably . . .

American, and/or young, and/or have limited experience with (as in ownership for several years) other top sporting cars.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Let's see... [edit]

You're making a complete over generalization about Americans and young people in general.

BTW I'm not that young. Late twenties, and yes, I am an American.

I just feel that you are being a pompous ***. Oh, and don't tell me to calm myself when you are editing all your posts to make it look like you're not such a jerk.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL. This is exactly why I come to this forum to just look at pictures.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default 1.1 can be changed to "automotive enthusiasts who don't suffer from the

'my dick is bigger than yours' disease"
Why? There are plenty of people who have owned "pretty significant sports cars" who don't know squat about them, or driving in general. And there are those without the means to own them that are much more capable in and knowledgeable about sports cars than your aforementioned elite group.

1.2 is generally true as you get to stretch your auto's legs out more on european hiways and biways

1.3 should be negated entirely. I'm sure there are MILLIONS of people in their late 30s/early 40s who wouldn't give the RS4 a second look -- because they're all about "image" and the Audi doesn't have the prestige that a BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin, etc. carry.

2.x should be negated as a whole, as it puts YOU into <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/28118.phtml">this category</a>
Old 11-15-2006, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default "1.2) Europeans" Hell ya! The Euro RS 4 rocks.

If I were in the market for a new, fast 4 door sedan, the euro spec RS 4 would be a no brainer for me, given that I currently own the S.

My tuned piggy S (though a decent amount lighter than the RS now) is worlds different I'm sure, but still too similiar inside and overall performance to justify it here in NA. However, a US priced, euro-spec RS 4 would be killer.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor

Default Our entire team here has repsect for the RS4...

and we have folks ranging from as young as 24 all the way up, we have race car drivers, engineers, salesman, techs and everyone has appreciation for the vehicle for different reasons. No one fits into a plastic mold. Some folks have purchased our suspension, brakes while others have no need for them or are vehemently convinced the RS4 needs no upgrading. Each owner does his/her own while each viewer of this automobile does his/her own.

Cheers,
Old 11-15-2006, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default troll fishing?

Let's focus on the car here not the people who read the forum.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks like a couple of solid troll bites below!!!

Quick Reply: My RS4 Corollary #1 and it's inverse RS4 Corollary #2