RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

My RS4 is at the shop now... [title edited for the overly sensitive]

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My RS4 is at the shop now... [title edited for the overly sensitive]

So I brought my RS4 in this morning to New Country since the EPC light has been on twice in a few days time.

What did I get in exchange for the loaner car? A freaking B7 A4 2.0T...

You'd think for an $75k car they would give you an A8 or an A6 4.2.

I couldn't tell if they were just pissed that I didn't buy the car from them, although I tried to, they just couldn't get it in a timely fashion for me.

Anyway I just hope everything is OK with the RS4 and those idiots follow my directions and don't wash it. And g-d help them if there is one scratch on that car or more than 3 miles of driving....
Old 07-07-2006, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sorry dxben but I have to say you shouldn't complain about this

This has been discussed many times in the past. I would be perfectly satsified if I were you to even get a loaner car. Many dealers do not even give loaners period. Often times if they do it's a cheap rent-a-wreck.

Wait, I just noticed your third sentence. You took the RS4 to a dealer you didn't buy from yet they still gave you an A4 loaner?? That's pretty damn lucky if you ask me. I'm willing to bet many wouldn't give anything.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:20 AM

Default Wow, someone a bit more paranoid than me - I like it :-)

One point of caution. A lot of Audi dealers actually read these posts . . .Just be careful what you say (i.e. it's comparable to sending your food back to the Kitchen - you don't actually know what happens back in the kitchen where you may have hurt someone's feelings and/or increased their food cost. . .)
Old 07-07-2006, 05:34 AM

Default Well the irony is this..

I tried to buy my RS4 from them, but they couldn't procure one for me..

I bought my S4 from them, and in all that time they only gave me a loaner once in 4 visits. Yet I get one on this visit with a car I didn't buy from them..

I'm not really mad about the A4, I am milding bitching, believe me it's not a big deal I am happy to get the loaner.

But it's worth mentioning that if they have A8s and A6s lying around, who the hell are they saving them for? And don't tell me its people who've bought from them, because I've been a regular customer there for a while.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:37 AM

Default Well it's not like I put the screws to them...

I've seen much more strongly worded criticism about dealers on these boards...

Also, turnabout is fair play. Dealers need to realize that forums like these are an instrument for them to get feedback to improve their product, not a means to seek revent on customers who have legitimate complaints..

Granted, my complaint this time is not very serious, my post title was slightly tongue in cheek.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Im shocked they even gave you a loaner car

They tend to stick with the policy of no loaner cars for those that didn't buy from them, which you can't argue with as it is their policy..

Regardless, they have been good with our Allroad, took a few times to fix it, but after the 4th visit they finally figured it out.. God do I love Audi Service.. Deny, attempt, attempt, pray it works... fixed..

I swear I get better treatment from Chevy with my Z06... "don't worry mr. A, only one mechanic will touch the car, it stays indoors, won't get washed... and here are the keys to your tahoe"..
Old 07-07-2006, 06:00 AM

Default For the record on the A4...

I was not seriously bashing the A4. Its the first time I've ridden in one and I have to say for the money Audi has all the other cars in its class beat in terms of interior style and the ride. Its a very nice car.

Hope nobody took offense, I was just making a play on the ol' "... all I got was this lousy T-Shirt" joke
Old 07-07-2006, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default A8's are not typically on the loaner fleet and there's nothing lousy about a B7 A4 2.0T...

that's a pretty nice loaner and in the same size class as the RS4.

You shouldn't complain, all I got was a Passat when I took mine in because they were out of Audis that day. Some Audi dealers don't even use Audi loaner cars... and it's a courtesy, the audi dealership does not have to give you a loaner at all so consider yourself lucky. When I dropped off my M5 for service, all I got was a craptastic 330i sedan... but it was actually a fun little car.... it was great on the jumps and the e-brake worked very well
Old 07-07-2006, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

"the e-brake worked very well"....LOL
Old 07-07-2006, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Rarely are Sales and Service departments associated. Service dept.

decides on giving out loaners correct? So as for your comment about them being pissed at you for not buying the RS4 from them, highly unlikely. They could probably care less if you bought it from one of their sales people. Like someone pointed out, including myself, typically dealers don't give loaners to people who didn't buy at that respective dealership.

With that in mind, you're lucky to be getting an Audi loaner.

Quick Reply: My RS4 is at the shop now... [title edited for the overly sensitive]