RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

need feeback on New '08 pricing

Old 08-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need feeback on New '08 pricing

I want to know how much people have been paying for new RS4's lately. It seems there is about 7-8k in AFS financial support and dealers are willing to dip into their profits a little bit. Anyone willing to comment how much more off they have been able to negotiate. I saw Penske was advertising 12k off MSRP. I think that was on a cabrio, don't know if it would be different on sedan. can anyone validate the AFS number for me?

I'd like to get the car for about 62k. Is this reasonable in current market?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: need feeback on New '08 pricing

yes... in fact, that is about exactly what you can buy one for, assuming the $73k sticker in options (i.e. no exclusive, no titanium, no convertible)

I have been shopping these heavy, and one of the findings is that used car sellers cant really compete with the new car deals. I understand their position...they bought much higher, but most of them want low 60s for their car. I wouldnt buy a used RS4 right now for anything over $55k, and that would need to be a perfect condition used 08.

There is a huge supply of these out there new right now. One part the economy, especially a feeling that the oil crisis is only getting worse, but also with the new B8 coming out, etc.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I agree with jbtexas, make sure it's *new* though...

...don't want to be paying gas guzzler tax and delivery on a car with 4k "demo" miles on do you?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Part of it may be the Audi US dump

As with the RS6, it seems Audi has dumped a couple hundred more RS cars into a US market that was just about reaching saturation. As before, AoA gives the dealers big incentives to move the cars which, in turn, drives down the prices of new and used alike.

I completely understand the move. It is interesting to see it from the other side this time.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Dealer quotes from last couple of days

A dealer in California offered to sell a 2008 RS4 Daytona Gray with Premium + Titanium packages for $63,535 plus taxes (without 0.9% financing). This is an $11K discount off the sticker price. I drive a Saab 9-5 wagon that I love, but I'm very tempted to get an RS4, since everyone seems to adore this car. A guy here by name of Spirals said he just picked up an 08 for 62,200 brand new (I'm not sure what packages). Have you guys seen deals better than $11,000 discount for Premium + Titanium packages? If so, please drop a note. Thanks a ton! (And sorry for a double post if you've read this info below. Thought it might be useful to people).
Old 08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default never thought it would be nice living in a dumping ground...

I was pretty sceptical when I got mine at a good price. I thought it was a good time to buy but never imagined how good.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default do you mind sharing your final price

dont need to say from where if you dont want... but if willing, that would be good to

email if preferred - jbtrichel@aol.com
Old 08-04-2008, 08:54 PM

Default This seems very reasonable...

I was shopping this car very heavily, along with the competition, C63, M3. I purchased on Saturday for just over $62K. It seems that Audi dealers will knock a few thousand off of MSRP and give you really good financing, ie 0-.9%....or in other cases they will drop the price significantly more and finance outside at a higher (but not too high) rate.

I think it depends on the motivation of the dealer. There are at least a couple of us who have gotten great deals, you just have to look and know that they ARE out there. I did have to travel from Chicago to Milwaukee (bypassing a store with 20 RS4's on the way), but I was willing to go much further if I had to.

In fact, just 3 months ago I began my search for USED RS4's (and almost bought one!), never thinking it possible to get such a good deal on a new one.

Bottom line, whether its new or used, if you paid over sticker or below invoice, it is one awesome machine worth every penny.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 PM

Default Local dealer had

8 new 08 RS4's when I checked inventory about a week ago. That surprised me.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default sure, but not stock...

Late 07; 1,500 miles; came with full Milltek and KW V3. $60k in April. Just a few months on with the oil hype, they should be good pickings (end of the month is good as you know)
Actually went there for an S5!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need feeback on New '08 pricing