AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   need help (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/need-help-2887438/)

blackedoutrs4 08-09-2015 04:56 PM

need help

Hello all. So I have a problem and would LOVE some good advice and any thought would be greatly appreciated.

So heres the deal. My 07 rs has a problem about a month ago I am driving stopped at a store and shut the car off. I get back in the car and go to start and nothing it just keeps cranking. not starting. a little while later it started like nothing happened. Now it has done this a few times in the last month never any indication that it is not going to start very very random. So I stared to pay a little more attention to things and realize that I cant hear my fuel pump prime. so I figure that my pump might be on its way out due to it being a common problem right? wrong. I talked to my friend and told him what happened and that my cel came on after it didn't start one time and then it eventually it did start. So here is my friends thought. When I turn the key to on before I start it all the dash lights come on as the cars system runs thru its initial check of things. but the last couple times I have started the car and this problem occurs (not starting just cranking) when the dash lights come on I notice that my cel does NOT come on and then my fuel pump doesn't prime. so it wont start. My buddy thinks my pump is fine as it doesn't **** out driving it is always at the start up. So my question to everyone is what the hell could it be? Rely and how do I tell if it is bad or not. I can now tell if the car is not going to start immediately as when I turn the key to the on position I watch the dash lights go thru its sytem check and if the cel doesn't come on before I start it will not fire. I can turn the key off and on a bunch of times and then when the cel does come on I then here the pump and it starts right up. This problem not only pisses me off but it is kinda unreliable cuz I never know if it is going to not start and give me problem. I have no clue why it does this and it is very random. I can drive it shut it off turn it on 10 times in a day then get in to start it and nothing. any thoughts would be great, Also after it does start when it is acting up the cel while it is running doesn't stay on. so no cel... Anyone have this happen or have any thoughts as to what it could be? thanks for the help.... hope this isn't to confusing

Reggie 08-10-2015 12:03 PM

You need to take it to a shop or have someone with a VAG-COM to read the codes.
Not sure why you have not taken it to a shop yet??

blackedoutrs4 09-06-2015 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Reggie (Post 24714086)
You need to take it to a shop or have someone with a VAG-COM to read the codes.
Not sure why you have not taken it to a shop yet??

UPDATE

Looked over before i dropped off at the shop and all issues from loose negative battery cable. lol easy and cheap fix