RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

need help/advice from the forum...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help/advice from the forum...

Don't know if you remember or not, but I got into an accident in Sept of last year and am still waiting for my car. There is more to this saga and I need some thoughts from the forum...

When I had my brakes done in June of last year, the Audi dealership made me sign a waiver saying that they are not responsible for any liabilities (since I asked them to just change the pads and not the rotors). Well, they went and volunteered that letter to my insurance company when they got the car to pull the engine out for the repairs.

You can imagine the kind of trouble that caused for me with the questions from my insurance company but fortunately the accident was found to be the other guys fault.

But I'm really pissed about this. What right does the audi dealership have giving out my personal information when they were never being held responsible for anything anyway?

And to top it off, the mechanic has been driving my car to his house!!!! for the past two nights to "make sure all remaining mechanical problems are identified" before they give the car back to the body shop. What a crock!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:58 AM

Default I don't understand the 1st part. Was your rotors toast and neeeded to be replaced?

The second part. Did your insurance company ask for all the repair records or just the info from your most recent accident? Have you asked?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sounds like an all around terrible experience.

As long as the rotors were still within spec, there is no way the dealer should have asked you to sign a waiver. They were probably just wanting to sell you unneeded rotors. Unless you have complained about an issue occurring with the first start of the day AND given permission, the tech should not be driving your car home. Sounds like a rough 4 month. Start complaining!
Old 02-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Banned

Default that sound like a privacy policy infraction to me...

did you purchase the car from them? if so you should have signed a privacy policy form basically stating that all the information that hey gather from you is only property of that dealship not any other entity...

That sounds like a Shop that screwed you to cover there own A$$
Old 02-15-2008, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Call an attorney!!! That deserves a letter to Audi of America...

and some compensation.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Left rotor was okay, right rotor...

had a groove on the outer edge where the thickness was 0.06mm below minimum spec (32mm is minimum spec and the groove was 31.94mm). The remainder of the rotor was well above minimum spec. So they said I had to put two new rotors in, and I declined new rotors, only got new pads.

The insurance company had not requested any information from dealership at all regarding repair history because there was never a question of what caused the accident. The service rep at the dealership decided to "do a good deed" and volunteer the info about the brakes to them completely uninitiated by any official request. They did that back when the car first went in to get the engine pulled so the body shop could proceed with repairs.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you shouldn't have signed the waiver in the first place.

as far as the dealership giving the insurance company a copy of the waiver, I don't know if there's anything legally you can do about it. perhaps consider asking an attorney, if you think it's worth the trouble. the issue at hand is whether or not you incurred any tangible "damages" as a result of them giving out this information. if you didn't, then it's probably not worth pursuing.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I think you are spot on Bob

I shouldn't have signed it. They said they wouldn't do the work on the car without me signing it...I ought to have gone somewhere else right then or just changed the pads myself.

But I don't think I'm going to let this one go. Whether they acted purely maliciously or just irresponsibly given the circumstances there should be some recourse or punitive damages incurred.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Welcome to the audi service experience. Par for the course...

dont expect any better and dont expect AoA do do d1ck for you. Be happy you made it out of there without getting sexually assaulted.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, typically you wouldn't do only one rotor so I see nothing wrong with their request.

As far as them giving the info to the insurance company, well, I wouldn't really call that private info. Maybe the insurance company asked for all your service records to make sure the car was in good working order and the dealer sent that waiver as part of your records.