RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

New owner and iPod question

Old 11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner and iPod question

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and the happy new owner of an RS4. I've been a VW and Porsche guy for awhile and this is my first venture into the Audi branch of the family tree.

Need I say that this car is amazing? No, you already know. As customary for newbies, I have attached a pic. As you can see, the car is Daytona Grey. What you can't see is that it has the Exclusive red/black interior. Subtle on the outside, not so much in the inside.

So my car is equipped with the factory (garbage, I know) iPod dock in the glove box. It's not working correctly. It recognizes the iPod, plays and switches songs (I can just barely see the display of the iPod to confirm) but no audio at all.

Any suggestions? I do know that the PO had the head unit out at one point, but with the single CD changer connector, I can't figure out how it is controlling the iPod and no audio - I'd figure all or nothing.

Thanks,
targa todd
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2010, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Beautiful car - congrats on the new ride. My old 330i had "Terra" seats. They were sort of a burnt orange color. The exterior was called Sparkling Graphite - pretty similar to our RS4 carbon gray color. I loved that color combo, so I can only imagine how sweet your seats must look. The door inserts are colored as well, right?

A couple weeks ago, I was walking back to my car in a gas station. For a moment, I had to do a double take - it looked like I had red seats. Turns out, it was the reflection of a red sign in the windshield, pretty much directly in line with the driver's seat, so it really looked like I had a red seat. I remember thinking, wow that would be sweet. I didn't even know it was an option.

Oh, sorry, I have no info about the iPod question. I'm just blabbing on about how much I like your color combo. Haha! Enjoy the new ride!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the door inserts are red and the floor mats are trimmed in red and have a large embroidered RS4 logo. The little details I didn't expect were red stiching on the leather shift boot and steering wheel as well.

I was originally looking for a silver interior suspecting that the Exclusive interiors were just too rare to ever find one. I was fortunate to find this not too far away.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Todd - you might find the info you want on this forum - they have lots of technical info on the electronics: http://audiforum.us/rns-e/. I have the cd changer in my glove box so I can't help. My only other though is that someone may have tried to put a different interface in the car. There are several aftermarket ones.

You can buy for ten bucks the radio removal tools to check the wiring behind.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks Reggie. I figure $10 on the tools and some time on that forum will address the problem.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Good luck and I would be interested in hearing if you get a solution