RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

New RS4 lately?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RS4 lately?

Hey guys, new to this forum, but hopefully I'll be frequenting it more sooner than later. I've had an A6 and A3 in past, but now thinking about going in on an RS4. Had a quick question for anyone who's bought an RS4 recently. I'm in the Utah area and found a new RS4 with premium and titanium packages, pretty awesome, retails for 75K. Now at 66K with prime apr or full retail at around 1.9%. My question is, has anybody gotten good Audi Financial APR's recently + money off, or one or the other. I realize this part of the forum in general has more guys/gals who don't need to finance a lot and can just buy these cars outright. I don't mean to scoff at a great deal if it is one, I'm just curious, I have a feeling it is. I am super excited about this car, just wanted to make the right decision. Thanx for any input.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default That doesn't sound like such a good deal

Seems like most of us did better than that buying recently. I got maintenance thrown in amongst other things.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

dizzle - I live in SLC and just bought an RS4. Drop me an email.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: New RS4 lately?

I bought mine (2008 Avus Silver, Titanium Package, new with 60 miles) over two months ago. I want to say that MSRP was $74,800 and I got it for $62,500. I imagine that with the financial markets taking a dive and consumers sitting on their money, you can do even better now. There is never a day that I regret buying this car. My previous vehicles were a MBZ S500 and a Porsche 996 Cabriolet, so I'm used to loving my cars and I think the RS4 is amazing.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:34 AM

Default I have been recently shopping too...

Salesman seems to say yes to both but sales manager says one or the other.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:10 AM

Default Just joined the fold myself

I am new to the forum as well having just made a deal on a new RS4. I live in upstate NY but actually found the best deal in California including shipping. I hope to take delivery in the next couple of weeks. I got a decent cash deal of ~14k off an Avus w/premium. Now I have to hurry up and decide on the best winter set up...any suggestions?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Just joined the fold myself

Tire wise I've always used blizzaks on my audis, thought they were pretty awesome. A lot of people around here like the Conti's from what I can gather.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm in Utah and bought mine a couple of months ago.

Which dealer are you looking to buy from? I got mine from Ken Garff Audi and MarkFank got his from Strong Audi. We both got killer rates + discounts.

Shoot me an email if you want more info.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default You can do a lot better than $66K, probably closer to $60K

Some cars in Cali are being advertised for $15K discount. I was/am very close to buying one but with the value of our 401Ks dropping like a rock and the state of the economy in such limbo, I'm not sure now is the time to "invest" in a car that has a depreciation curve that some on this list have called "vertical."

Even if you buy one for $60K, the instant you drive it off the lot it's worth about $50K in trade-in value. That's not a big deal if you plan to keep it, like I would, but if for some reason you (or I) have to sell, that's something to consider... and why I'm still on the fence. A year from now I could probably buy a good used one for low to mid $40K.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone please explain to me exactly what "the fold" means. I've never understood it.

Quick Reply: New RS4 lately?