RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

New RS4 Owner

Old 04-14-2011, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RS4 Owner

Hello all!

Happy owner of an '07 RS4 Misano Red w/Nav, 18k miles, charcoal interior, Premium Package. Purchased from PA and truck her to Cali as it was a much better deal.

Here's a crappy mob pic, but will post more soon.

Like most new onwers been having a blast with her. I have been reading up on common mods here, and have some questions.....

1. Coilovers - Looking into lowering and I think I have enough info between the Stasis and KW, that seem to be the most popular.
BUT...what is the labor cost for instal? anyone have any recomendations in So. Cal? Also, has anyone here installed there own coilover kit themselves? - and how dificult was it?.....I have installed strut/springs and coilovers kits on previously owned VW and Audi's, so I am handy, but it also makes a difference on price, and dificultness.

2. Springs - I know most here are against, but there have been plenty of installs. However, I've also noticed that those that have installed H&R on newer gen DRC's have not come back to tell how well they have perfomed over time, and over how many miles. Hmm, makes me wonder.

3. Install - Does installing coilovers (being you have to cap the drc lines) trip any codes?

I have just ordered Posi Quiet pads, being that the RS is on its original brake and I rather not take a chance, plus would mind a little less dust!

As for the suspension, I am only looking for street use so the most important feature to me is comfort, aside from performance.
Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sharp specimen, congrats man.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome to the forum (and the RS 4 club). I have Misano as well...great choice!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks...hopefully someone in the So. Cal area will recomend a shop for install on the Stasis SL coilover kit?

Anyone?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats - though you got the wrong color

DRCs so far are good for me but not enough miles put on my car.

Everyone who I respect still preferred the DRC overall to any other suspension for daily driving (not for the track)
Old 04-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great car! I just picked mine up (same specs), with about the same mileage actually, in March. Mine hails from Cali and made its way up to New England. Funny how life is some times with yours being from PA.

For me, one mod I am forced to implement is the front license plate bracket. Although, I plan on customizing my own (to avoid drilling holes) with magnetic attachment (think Neo-Dym discs sandwiched between rubber discs and epoxied onto bracket back side - for quick removal). Anyone have the same dilemna? I got the idea from a work buddy who owns a VW and this has worked well for him.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default DRC & Springs?

Originally Posted by Reggie
Congrats - though you got the wrong color

DRCs so far are good for me but not enough miles put on my car.

Everyone who I respect still preferred the DRC overall to any other suspension for daily driving (not for the track)
Too be frank I too am content with the DRC suspension, except for one thing - ride height. I wish it were min 1/2" to 3/4 lower all the way around - at least in the front....so for this I am kind of torn cause I am not 100% on making the switch but I don't see another way around in order to get the drop. Springs only ends up around the height I want but I don't see alot of feedback and longevity of springs (H&R or Euro's) on stock DRC.

Anybody with DRC / H&R spring setup for a while?

Have you riden on any RS4's with coilovers? And what are the differences you felt?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by jors1je
For me, one mod I am forced to implement is the front license plate bracket. Although, I plan on customizing my own (to avoid drilling holes) with magnetic attachment (think Neo-Dym discs sandwiched between rubber discs and epoxied onto bracket back side - for quick removal). Anyone have the same dilemna? I got the idea from a work buddy who owns a VW and this has worked well for him.
Interesting! I had found this link several years ago and was intrigued by the setup. However, I got too lazy and mounted my front plate the old fashioned way with an Audi license plate bracket.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tsitmc/au...nseplatemount/
Old 04-19-2011, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by eddiet310
Too be frank I too am content with the DRC suspension, except for one thing - ride height. I wish it were min 1/2" to 3/4 lower all the way around - at least in the front....so for this I am kind of torn cause I am not 100% on making the switch but I don't see another way around in order to get the drop. Springs only ends up around the height I want but I don't see alot of feedback and longevity of springs (H&R or Euro's) on stock DRC. Anybody with DRC / H&R spring setup for a while?
I agree with this assessment. However, in my case, the rear sits pretty good, but the front appears to be slightly higher than ideal. I would want my front only lowered about 3/8"-1/2". Having said that, I would never swap springs while keeping the stock DRC shocks. Always replace suspension components with a matched and engineered set.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Viken,

You are the man...I may have to implement this on my ride.

Originally Posted by Viken B.
Interesting! I had found this link several years ago and was intrigued by the setup. However, I got too lazy and mounted my front plate the old fashioned way with an Audi license plate bracket.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tsitmc/au...nseplatemount/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New RS4 Owner