AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   New RS4.... problems already????? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/new-rs4-problems-already-2876527/)

blackedoutrs4 12-24-2014 03:47 PM

New RS4.... problems already?????

Hello all New to the site and thought i would say hello. So i have been a audi s4 owner (01) and now a happy 07 rs4. So i purchased this car with 100k miles.I have been driving for maybe 150 mile total. at my friends house I moved my car started no problem. I was checking the air pressure and had to move the car I jump into fire it up and all i got was cranking woulnt fire ..... my friend hooked it up to vag and nothing, no codes he said the crank sensor is good maybe the fuel pump???? anywayz while he had it hooked up he tried to start and just cranked didnt fire. we were talking for a minute and he tried again and fired right up. i drove it home 1/2. mile and parked it. kind of afraid to be left stranded with my new car just cranking away. does this sound like maybe a fuel pump or relay issue? I have had the car literally for less than 24 hrs and this is my dream car puts a smile on my face just writing about it. I hope that it is a easy fix. I called the dealer and have a 30 day 100% warranty as I want to address this asap any thoughts from other rs4 owners would be great thanks and hope all have a wonderful x-mas.

ELEVENS 12-25-2014 02:59 AM

Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I've not heard of that problem. I seem to remember seeing fuel pump pressure somewhere in VAG-COM, and I'm very surprised a code wasn't set if the pressure was low. Can you hear the pump prime when you turn on the key (but not crank)? Good thing you have a warranty, no worries then. These cars are remarkably reliable as a daily driver. Mine, and many others, have never failed to deliver. You'll get it resolved soon enough, don't worry about it. It's a very special car and there is nothing like it.

blackedoutrs4 12-25-2014 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by ELEVENS (Post 24637950)
Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I've not heard of that problem. I seem to remember seeing fuel pump pressure somewhere in VAG-COM, and I'm very surprised a code wasn't set if the pressure was low. Can you hear the pump prime when you turn on the key (but not crank)? Good thing you have a warranty, no worries then. These cars are remarkably reliable as a daily driver. Mine, and many others, have never failed to deliver. You'll get it resolved soon enough, don't worry about it. It's a very special car and there is nothing like it.

No i couldnt hear the fuel pump come on, my friend actually listened for it too.ear right to the rear seat. checked the fuse as well. We tried to start and it just cranked and cranked. waited a feww mins turned the key and it started like nothing happened. apparently the fuel pump came on but i didnt hear it before it did start. idk I WILL get it resolved thanks for the reply.

blackedoutrs4 12-28-2014 03:43 PM

I have had the same problem happen again and just thought i would let people know that i took of the lid to the fuel pump gave it a tap and little wiggle and wahlaa fired right up!!!!! must be the the sending unit no cel on either...

Audidoc2 12-09-2015 09:19 PM

Sounds like fuel pump issue

Warhorse99 12-11-2015 10:10 AM

Fuel Pump and/or Fuel Filter?

I purchased a '07 rs4 this past spring with a 100k on it and now have 110 and runs perfect, burns about a liter of oil in 3k miles. So 100k and these cars are just getting broken in.
A suggestion: if/when you replace your fuel pump change out your fuel filter as well. They say they are 'lifetime' but probably should be changed every 40-50k IMHO. And NEVER buy cheap gas. The best 91+ Octane you can get and not from any mom-and-pop joint either. I learned my lesson on my (now departed) Porsche Boxster S.

ELEVENS 12-13-2015 04:48 AM

higher octane is needed and beneficial in warmer weather to mitigate timing retard and the resultant power loss. Even 93 isn't enough. I used to blend my own 95 octane and that worked very good. But the additional aromatic hydrocarbons in the blend accelerates carbon buildup so I don't do that anymore.

BSCA4 01-20-2016 07:26 AM

OK, delay in starting? here is your answer: starter.
My crank every time now. For two weeks (just got the car), cold morning can take up to a few minutes before it crank.

Kringle 02-24-2016 05:55 AM

starting delay

Another possible issue is the clutch pedal depress switch. It has to be all the way in, not "almost" there. This caught me a few times. And don't forget, just turn the key and let go, the computer does the starting. You don't have to hold it in the "start" position. Hope that helps.