RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

next car

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next car

going to be parting ways with my '08 RS4 Ti pkg at the end of the year. any thoughts as to where to go next? a few thoughts of my own:

B8 S4
550Xi m-sport pkg
Pre-owned C4S (not convinced i could live with this year round in northeast)

as you can see list or short. any good ideas or experiences of others?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

B8 S4 FTW!!! Come check out our forum - great group of people. Plus, there's quite a bit of tuning potential for our cars.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hey, i went through the same thing... was thinking about m3 or m5, then remembered why i didnt buy one in the first place.. i kept my 07 avus, very happy... if you dont need the space look at ttrs, they look great... good luck.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Banned

all of the cars you're looking at will be great. A twin turbo V8 though is the powerplant I'd want to be working with, no offense to the flat 6 911 and SC 3.0 V6 in the B8 S4. None of those cars will be able to touch a tune+exhaust turbo V8 BMW 5 series.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nyc1212
going to be parting ways with my '08 RS4 Ti pkg at the end of the year. any thoughts as to where to go next? a few thoughts of my own:

B8 S4
550Xi m-sport pkg
Pre-owned C4S (not convinced i could live with this year round in northeast)

as you can see list or short. any good ideas or experiences of others?
I am in the process of moving from an 07 RS4 to a 2012 B8 S4 which arrives in a couple of weeks. After looking around for other sport sedans with 4 wheel drive, there are very few choices. So a 911 C4S, Nissan GT-R, BMW 335xi or maybe X6M were some of my options. 3 of those cars are so much more expensive than a nicely equiped S4 that the decision was easily made. Any car I buy has to be a daily driver and living in Colorado means it WILL get driven in the snow...

Giving up the RS4 is going to be hard, but I think I'll manage! BTW, several other folks on the B8 S4 forum are former RS4 owners...
Old 08-17-2011, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have an 07 rs4 and my next car will likely be one of the following:

1. RS5, if the facelifted US version is sexy.
2. new M5, if i'm not too turned on by the new face RS5
3. C63 AMG Black series

I've looked at the B8 S4, but it doesn't tickle my carlust. Would be nice if it did.

I've read that the C4s is very pliable as a winter car as long as you don't have massive snow drifts.

Good luck on your upcoming purchase. I know what you're going through.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
all of the cars you're looking at will be great. A twin turbo V8 though is the powerplant I'd want to be working with, no offense to the flat 6 911 and SC 3.0 V6 in the B8 S4. None of those cars will be able to touch a tune+exhaust turbo V8 BMW 5 series.
i was on the same line of thinking, but i keep reading the bimmerfest forums and i am finding people are bored driving this car, very weak steering feel seems to be the main complaint, obviously the acceleration must be intoxicating. as a fellow RS4 owner i know i will be extremely upset in a car that is boring to drive. this almost completely eliminates the 550 for me. i don't think you could find someone that would say and RS4 is boring to drive.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by James P.
I am in the process of moving from an 07 RS4 to a 2012 B8 S4 which arrives in a couple of weeks. After looking around for other sport sedans with 4 wheel drive, there are very few choices. So a 911 C4S, Nissan GT-R, BMW 335xi or maybe X6M were some of my options. 3 of those cars are so much more expensive than a nicely equiped S4 that the decision was easily made. Any car I buy has to be a daily driver and living in Colorado means it WILL get driven in the snow...

Giving up the RS4 is going to be hard, but I think I'll manage! BTW, several other folks on the B8 S4 forum are former RS4 owners...
seems we are in the same boat. did you consider a 335XI with a dinan upgrade? i am in the S4 boat i think, it does seem to be the right choice, i am just not in love with it, i want to be in love with it, but i am in love with my RS4. why couldn't audi have just given us a new RS4.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nyc1212
seems we are in the same boat. did you consider a 335XI with a dinan upgrade? i am in the S4 boat i think, it does seem to be the right choice, i am just not in love with it, i want to be in love with it, but i am in love with my RS4. why couldn't audi have just given us a new RS4.
I did take a look at the 335xi but did not consider the Dinan upgrade. I thought about the RS5 but I didn't want to wait another 12+ months and although I love the V8, I think the V6SC in the S4 will be a better choice for me.

Like you, I absolutely love the RS4 but it's time for me to move on and then someone else can enjoy it!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by James P.
I did take a look at the 335xi but did not consider the Dinan upgrade. I thought about the RS5 but I didn't want to wait another 12+ months and although I love the V8, I think the V6SC in the S4 will be a better choice for me.

Like you, I absolutely love the RS4 but it's time for me to move on and then someone else can enjoy it!
yes i do not want to wait for RS5 either, that could put me at this same time next year. i guess i need to spend some quality seat time in the S4 and make a decision, either stay in the RS4 out of warranty for some more time until other options arise, or go with the S4, i don't see another choice.

Quick Reply: next car