RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Not another RS4 engine conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not another RS4 engine conversion

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I seek some information and some help.
I have seen many threads about putting the 4.2 v8, from the rs4 into many kinds of cars. But that isn’t exactly what I want.
I currently drive an A4 B6 TDI with a RS4 facelift and 1.8t s-line rear. And I just love the way it looks. The only problem is that I want more. Match more. So what I want is the real thing. But now there’s the problem.

If I'm buying a RS4 from Germany the price would be about 30.000euro included vat.
In Norway where I live the vat is 25%. Which means that I end up paying a bit more than what I get back from the German vat, 19%.
Now to get the car on the road with Norwegian signs, you have to pay taxes on weight, power and co2 emission and for the RS4 that is 85.000euro extra. So I hope you folks can see my frustration.
I have to emit that I'm a bit a TDI freak so my plan was to swap the engine and the transmission with a 3.0 tdi and a s-tronic from a A5.

So now comes the real question, what would be the biggest challenges?
Would there be problems connecting the axels to the transmission?
Would the engine electrical hardness fit the connections to the rest? (Especially the cockpit interface)
And what about Functions like the dynamic ride control, esp and etc...?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am confused...

So do you want to put a 3.0 tdi and A5 s-tronic in your current chassis? Or do you want to put them in an RS4 (which seems crazy to me)?

Regardless, I would start with an engine/transmission combo currently available. I don't think I would try to mate up two units that aren't already happy together.

Also, you are probably asking the wrong group. Most of us here are lucky if we know how all the gadgets work on our stock car. Go to Audizine (www.audizine.com) and search for the A4 Avant to S4 conversion (I think it is GMG). Contact those guys about it. You need advice from someone who really knows what is involved.

Good luck!