RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

NYC RS4 Photoshoot this Saturday May 24 , 10AM - Show of hands pls....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NYC RS4 Photoshoot this Saturday May 24 , 10AM - Show of hands pls....

Could anyone planning on joining for this on Saturday raise their hand - we just need to know roughly how many cars are coming...

Thx
Kris

Original post:

It has been great to see the level of interest in getting New York's RS4s together for a photoshoot and cruise in some of Manhattan's and Brooklyn's prime locations. If everyone shows up, there is a chance we will be 10+ RS4s for this, which I think will be a first for this type of thing...

I have worked up a relatively simple route starting in front of the American Museum of Natural History (200 Central Park West; we can line up on the West side of the street) taking us through the park (could be some nice in motion shots there!), down 5th Ave., across on Central Park South to Columbus Circle, down Broadway through Times Square to Union Square, down to City Hall via Washington Square Park, then across the Brooklyn Bridge to end at the Front Street promenade. I can send links to the route using google maps to those who email me. I drove the route yesterday and it'll work great - only concern is the difficulty of parking 10+ cars in any one place, but we are working on that (see below). The 10AM start time will hopefully limit traffic a bit, making it easier for us to get around...

If everyone could bring two-way radios (in case you get lost from the group) and own cameras (the more pics/video the better) that would be great. I will bring paper copies of the route to be handed out at the Museum starting point.

Wish76 (AW) has volunteered to look into photo permits from the city, which would allow us to block space for picture taking in some of the locations we will pass through. Also, he is in touch with the Audiforum on Park Avenue, to see if they would open the forum for us and allow us to take shots out in front - they seemed interested when they heard the number of cars...

JeffAhn (AW) will also be there to ensure we have some professional grade photography happening...

I will post a message on Friday with the remaining details. In case of rain, I suggest we move the event to Sunday, same time and place.

Look forward to see people on Saturday - think this is going to be pretty sweet
Old 05-21-2008, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'll be there
Old 05-21-2008, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

John from Jerz in
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll be there, I started a big detailing of the car today, still not done but should be tomorrow
Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll be there...

I'll shoot you an email soon to finalize the details...should be fun.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 PM

Default I'm In (update on permits and Audi Forum)

Applied for a still photography permit... should have been a no brainer but the film board decided that with that many cars we would require a motion picture permit, which requires liability insurance - so no permit. Have to take our chances and speed off if they come after us.

The Audi Forum is closed this Saturday for the holiday weekend, but we can still shoot in front of it. They will put their RS4 in the main window for us, and did recommend we get there early to a) avoid traffic, and b)take advantage of the morning sun for the photo shoot.

Tinting my windows tomorrow - detailing Friday
Old 05-21-2008, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

count me in for 2 rs4's
Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thinking about it
Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

If the weather is OK, yep
Old 05-22-2008, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Anyone from LI want to meet somewhat earlier (for pics)?

As long as the weather is clear, I was thinking of trying to catch the early-early-early morning light for some piccies on the way in to the city.

Maybe somewhere with an iconic view... just having looked on google earth ... under the Long Island end of the Brooklyn bridge by the icecream building might be good - it looks like there is plenty of space to park without causing any trouble.

I have remote flashes and would be keen to experiment (not sexually mind you) with some pics and then grab a coffee and head over to meet up with the 10am crowd.

It would be cool to do this before it got bright to get the bridge and city lights, although I expect that would be a pretty ugly hour to get up. I hope I didn't make this post out loud because I'm about an hour and a half away...

Quick Reply: NYC RS4 Photoshoot this Saturday May 24 , 10AM - Show of hands pls....