RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Opinion Needed Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion Needed Please

Hope everyone is acclimating to the new layout as best they can. The dealership scraped the bottom of the front bumper during the test drive to reproduce a CEL. Thankfully, they agreed to repair the body damage.

Just got the car back from the body shop today and it looks like they did a good job (fingers crossed). The only thing is that the grill looks a little low to me when the bumper was reattached. Should the gap between the edge of the hood and the top of the front bumper piece be that wide? Should the top edge of the grill be exposed like that?

Can you guys please check out the pics and tell me what you think? If you can also submit some closeups of your grills/hoods so I can show the body shop, that would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It looks like the shop didn't get the slot on the bumper into the adjusting screw. You need to take it back and have them slide the slot that is on the bumper onto the adjusting screws.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:13 AM

well according to the pictures you need to slide the slot and screw it back so that it can fit properly.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:14 AM

Yeah, def looks like a wider gap, seen that on cars that have had their bumper off, just go back to them and they'll adjust it upwards.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thank you so much guys ...

For all of your help!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RS Maniac
Yeah, def looks like a wider gap, seen that on cars that have had their bumper off, just go back to them and they'll adjust it upwards.
It can't be adjusted upwards if the bumper slots aren't slid into the screws correctly.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can someone please tell me where the bumper slots are located? Just took the car to the body shop and he does not know where the bumper slots are. Is this where the slot is located at? If not, came someone please show me where this slot is located? Many thanks in advance to all!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Bumper Alignment, courtesy of Canuck.
I've read that a few people have had issues re-installing the bumper because of the alignment bolt on the left and right side of the grille.
The key is to use a T30 bit with an extension to slightly loosen it (I used 3 x 1/4 turns) and then the bumper should slide right off if
all other bolts are removed. Re-installing is a bit trickier. You have to make sure the plastic guide on the bumper slides in between
the opening on the bolt where it came from. This requires a little umph to lift the bumper up and slide it into the groove.
The bumper should snap into place when you re-install it. Watch though the cracks and small openings as you put the bumper back
on and you shouldn't have any problems. The key to this is to make sure the light housing is still loose, otherwise it's not possible.

Once the bumper is re-installed do your 3 x 1/4 turns to tighten and the bumper should be as straight as when you took it off.
If you mess around with the height of this bolt, you will have to play around to get it level, but i just loosened the top part from
above when the bumper was still attached and i had no problems afterwards. Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

Yours is probably sitting below the groove where the threads are and no amount of turning the alignment screw is going to move it.
Attached Images  

Last edited by bruised rs4; 03-25-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you!