RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

OT: Yet another citizen "educated" about the RS4...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Yet another citizen "educated" about the RS4...

The hard way...

Yesterday afternoon, as I was getting on the I-10 ramp to go get some groceries at the Target (which is about 4-5 miles down off the interstate) I noticed a black car two vehicles back coming up really fast, passing around the two cars in front of him as we were merging onto 10.

I hit the gas, as he was coming up behind me pretty quick. I slowed his momentum and then started pulling away from him fast. I figured at that point to give it a rest, it was some kind of chevy afterall, and there was a bit of traffic so I figured I had made the point.

Well this guy keeps blazing on, up behind other cars passing around them, doing around 90 or so. Whatever.

I couldn't see where he was at that point and it was time to exit off 10 anyway. It was sunday afternoon and there is very little traffic around town - as I get to the end of the really long off ramp heading to Seigen lane I see one car stopped up at the red light ahead.

Its him, lol.. I pull up next to him and roll down the window and motion to hit it at the green. I could now get a better look at the car. It was a blinged (and I mean blinged) out Monte Carlo SS..! Had at least 20in chrome rims and limo tint etc.

The turn onto seigen from ramp is a very long rolling left that dumps onto an 8 lane. Its an AWD dream. Well I think you can guess the rest of the story.

He either chickened out or I really just ate his lunch (prob the case) By the time I rounded onto seigen and shifted into second he was like 40 yards back and turning into a tiny speck by third..lol Then I went and got groceries.

Ok, Here is the best part.. by sheer coincidence today at lunch I see this EXACT same guy in the lane next to me on a 4 lane road by my house. He is a few yards back in the next lane and there is a red light ahead.

He doesn't even come close to pulling up next to me, he stops one full car length back..lol!

I guess he knows what an RS4 is now.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha, another ricer, who doesn't know the true performance of a German car and its thunderous V8
Old 03-17-2008, 01:49 PM

Default It is so frustrating when guys dont understand that it isnt a good idea to try and race

in the middle of rush hour. I want nothing more than to show him that his car just isnt faster, but I dont feel it necessary to weave in and out of traffic just to show him so.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Monte Carlo SS....lmao....chicken feed for sure, a real P-O-S!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

sweet story
Old 03-17-2008, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default most delusionally boneheaded car owners ever...right up there with the Toyota Solara.

except the Solara is usually driven by a 50-something woman who thinks she has a 'fast' car.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Groceries at Target....really?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OMG I hate that car. The Solara is so ugly I can't understand why people buy them...

And then they even made it uglier with a rag top... PUKE!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a bloody parade float, with the long overhangs and knock-kneed wheels
Old 03-17-2008, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey pick on cars which have more than a hundred horse power! Lol

Quick Reply: OT: Yet another citizen "educated" about the RS4...