RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Owned car 14 days now, dealer has had car 5 days, Intermittent EPC light (longish)

Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owned car 14 days now, dealer has had car 5 days, Intermittent EPC light (longish)

Cut tire given to me on delivery was fixed asap and EPC light diagnosed, first time and reset. nothing done. Brought in again for EPC light and this time they said actuator motor in intake manifold, ordered part and today, after 2 day job they finished today - it still did not fix it. evidently the entire bumper has to come off. Yikes, I hope they put all teh screws back in! They ordered some kind of vacuum hose that they are supposed to put in the intake manifold tomorrow and hope that will do it.
They have been very nice and good customer service, but starting to lose my patience - I have been a good sport about it. My choice of loaners. - so far A6, q7, TT - the paddle shifters don't do it for me.

I read some other AWers have had extended issues on rectifying problems, but geez the car only has 600 miles. Luckily I have been swamped at work and at home and don't even think about it much, but I would like to enjoy my 80 grand car. When I did drive it it was awesome. I am stopping in tomorrow midday to see what the hell is going on.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

That does suck. That intake plenum thing is one thing that is known to break though.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, that seems like a lot of time in the shop. Lemon law applicable here?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default seems to be headed in that direction.

what's the rule...30 days in the shop in the first year of ownership? or 3 failed attempts to fix the same problem? something like that.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 AM

Default Yep, basically 3x and this is 3rd time. After this time, no More Mr Nice Guy.

I stopped in and saw it and met the mechanic to see what was going on and he explained the situation as best I could understand. He pointed out the parts that need to be replaced and they are one of the largets Audi dealers around and do some volume in RS4s so I am optimistic the Techs what they are doing and this fellow Eric, seemed to know.

I think others have had a similar problem with loss of power at high end RPMs losing about 25hp. It sounds like a servo motor gets a reading from a sensor to move a flap or something to let more air in at the high end. Basically, the motor and sensor need to be replaced. waiting for part, etc. It is not like doing a tune-up on a slant six.

I am in the service business and will give them benfit of the doubt. They appear to be doing all that is possible/within reason. Just frustrating, but this is basically their last chance on this and if not fixed, we'll move to next step. plenty of lemon lawyers around.