RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Paging: Bruno Thanks for the offer of a ride, found my keys.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Paging: Bruno Thanks for the offer of a ride, found my keys.

lol at a funny story. I was at local WalMart, like a total idiot I locked my keys in my trunk. (actually, the car locked ME out)

A TOTAL IDIOT, bottom of the food chain. As I was standing w/ my niece next to my new Accord in the VIP parking section, I was phoning for my woman to bring my spare key.

Within 30 sec comes along what appears to be a new S4, deep metallic blue. As the driver walks past, I compliment him on the car and ask for the keys so I can run home to grab mine. He smiles and politely declines. I quickly notice it has the duck-bill rear and badging...2008 TOTALLY FAT. I feel like even more of an idiot.

Back out in 2 min, he asks what's up as he catches us checking out his car. I enquire if he bought locally and name-drop. I don't really get into who I am and the fact I'm taping DTM Racing at home and have a garage full of exotic oil and shop manuals.

The guy, and I apologize for using his real name, owns a local restaurant and is so super-nice, with his European accent actually offers us a ride. Everyplace is far away here and I am more shy than not. I mistakenly decline, forgetting that the guy might actually enjoy the "Audi Junkie Experience".

Oh well. Too bad, we have sick roads around here and I have a ticket to ride from local enforcement. He could have even gotten a quick wash out of me. More than I can say for my Mother-in-Law who lumbered in her dirty minivan fifteen minutes later with my key. Ironically, she normally drives an A6 Avant, it's SOL with a blown timing belt. Small World.