RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Paired my iPhone the other day and it worked fine, but the next day it did not. The iPhone "sees"

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paired my iPhone the other day and it worked fine, but the next day it did not. The iPhone "sees"

or registers the car, the car registers the iPhone and the Bluetooth symbol appears on the car display, but with blank signal strength bars when the phone displays a signal bar or bars. Have not had time to talk to dealer yet. Anyone experience this?
Old 07-07-2007, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

FWIW, reinitialized the pairing without problem, but it worked fine for a day the first time too.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Mine works perfectly

The signal bars show up. As Bob W astutely pointed out, make sure the phone is not set to auto-lock or you will lose your connection.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you have to make sure the iPhone is powered up with the screen on every time you start the car.

if it isn't, it will unpair (in the eyes of the car). the interesting thing is that the iPhone will still show it being paired when this happens(!)....but turning the iPhone on won't allow it to pair up (in the eyes of the car). so you actually have to go into the iPhone settings, unpair from the car, then re-pair (including entering the passcode). this whole scenario is further complicated if you have another phone (i.e. spouses) in the vicinity. if you forget to turn your iPhone on before you start the car, the car will pair with your spouses phone instead....you'll hear the chime after you start the car, but as soon as you drive out of range....it unpairs.

none of this behavior occurs with our BMW, so I don't know if the solution will be up to Apple or Audi to address.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default pretty sure the iphone goes into power conserve mode and it disconnects also

i turned off the bluetooth b/c it was a pain.

it is discussed on navplus.us
Old 07-08-2007, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks Bob. iPhone pairs without problem with my BMW 650 in power conserve mode. Audi should address

this glitch given that power consumption of the iPhone, at least in my brief experience, is prodigious.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Actually, he did not recommend leaving Auto-lock in "never". I have found that power consumption of

the iPhone is high, but will try the never setting to determine if it maintains power for a day given my usage. Otherwise, will have to remember to power it up before using the Audi.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:08 AM

Being long AAPL options, I'm pleased all you guys are buying the iPhone
Old 07-08-2007, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Far as I know, no problems with iPhone, but one has to wonder how much its prospects are discounted

in AAPL's current price.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Turn off Wi-Fi to essentially double the battery life

Quick Reply: Paired my iPhone the other day and it worked fine, but the next day it did not. The iPhone "sees"