RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

papaya vs. glut orange?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default papaya vs. glut orange?

Does anyone have pics of their cars in these colors and if so what is the difference in them? Im trying to decide between these two colors and have not seen great pics yet. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:40 PM

nvm everyone this search button surprisingly works great!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:33 AM

I've seen both in person. If you live in Miami, get the Glut Orange (straight off theh Murcielago paint charts). Annywhere else, do Papaya. In all cases, try to get the Exclusive interior, I think the ornage stitching on black seats is mmoney. And for sure with Ti package, it is a must on any orange color.

Funny thing is I almost bought a Glut/Ti/Exclusive b4 I got the Sprint. But I felt it was too much. That Papaya (a former Audi TT color) is a mix of Glut and Imola yellow, much more subdued (yet still screaming), but looks awesome.

If you are lookingg for new, you might have a hard time. Not sure much if anything is left, but a few are available used. There are 2 Papayas from what I know, and about 6 Gluts.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Maniac
I've seen both in person. If you live in Miami, get the Glut Orange (straight off theh Murcielago paint charts). Annywhere else, do Papaya. In all cases, try to get the Exclusive interior, I think the ornage stitching on black seats is mmoney. And for sure with Ti package, it is a must on any orange color.

Funny thing is I almost bought a Glut/Ti/Exclusive b4 I got the Sprint. But I felt it was too much. That Papaya (a former Audi TT color) is a mix of Glut and Imola yellow, much more subdued (yet still screaming), but looks awesome.

If you are lookingg for new, you might have a hard time. Not sure much if anything is left, but a few are available used. There are 2 Papayas from what I know, and about 6 Gluts.
Are you saying there are 6 used one for sale at the moment???
Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by STALKIN RS4
Are you saying there are 6 used one for sale at the moment???
Nope, not all are offered.

There is 1 brand new Papaya and 1 brand new Glut in the US presenntly sitting in dealer showrooms (coincidentally at both coasts). There is one CPO'ed Glut I beleive for sale (at it least there was a couple of weeks ago), they (Gluts) keep on showing up every few months. I guess it is a color that gives people an itch which quickly disappates.

Most of you I'm sure have seen the now 'notorius' female Glut Orange (Ti but no Exclusive) owner from Miami:

http://www.rezmoto.com/march2009/gal...RS4/index.html

(you may have to register for free to the site to see it, but it is worth it)

PS: I actually saw a Papaya convertible last weekend! Looked OK but not a huge fan of the looks (and seats!) on the RS4 'vert.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Maniac
Nope, not all are offered.

There is 1 brand new Papaya and 1 brand new Glut in the US presenntly sitting in dealer showrooms (coincidentally at both coasts). There is one CPO'ed Glut I beleive for sale (at it least there was a couple of weeks ago), they (Gluts) keep on showing up every few months. I guess it is a color that gives people an itch which quickly disappates.

Most of you I'm sure have seen the now 'notorius' female Glut Orange (Ti but no Exclusive) owner from Miami:

http://www.rezmoto.com/march2009/gal...RS4/index.html

(you may have to register for free to the site to see it, but it is worth it)

PS: I actually saw a Papaya convertible last weekend! Looked OK but not a huge fan of the looks (and seats!) on the RS4 'vert.
I saw the pics over at Audizine.
I personally love the RS4 in Glut Orange with Ti. You would not happen to have a link to the two new cars?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by STALKIN RS4
I personally love the RS4 in Glut Orange with Ti. You would not happen to have a link to the two new cars?
Me too, almost bought one from Audi of Willoughby in early 08! (had the exclusive orange interior too!)

Don't have side by side pics unfortunately. There are a few none-orange Exclusive RS4s with the Orange interior only (in fact a black RS4 was sold recently by a Long Island dealer that had the full Glut interior - more than piping and stitching - seat and door panels were orange too). Thought it looked great on a black car, but too much if the car was Glut on the outside (there is a limit to gluttony - LOL).

May have some pics coming up from this weekend's scheduled meet (pray for sun), a member here has a Papaya. The closest board member I know with a Glut is in Boston, maybe we can have him join (although finding someone with an Glut Orange Murcielago might be easier!)