RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Parting w/ RS4 is such sweet sorrow

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parting w/ RS4 is such sweet sorrow

Darnit. Everything was perfect and I was happy as could be in my RS4. Then my slot came up for an R8 and I started driving other cars in its class just to be sure it was right and I fell back in love w/ the Porsche so I'm going that route. I have no kids, my wife is getting an S5, and I've been taking a break from racing so having a sportscar would be nice again. I wish I could have both but it just doesn't make good sense. I'm going to really miss this car. It's the best sports sedan ever!!

I placed my ad up on the Audi World classified section if anybody is interested or knows somebody who is. I'm getting pretty good trade-in offers so, with the tax credit I'm not much in the hole. But if anybody wants to grab a problem free car, that has all basic mods (euro wheel, milltek catback, stasis sport suspension) and still pay $4k less than MSRP for a 9,200 mile car than has been meticulously broken in, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just trade it in.

Thanks for all the advice, etc., on this forum.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Out of curiosity, what are they giving you on trade?

And what are you getting?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What P car are you getting and why not the R8? Good luck with it. I'm sure the person who buys...

Your car is getting a wonderful car with its mods on it.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Out of curiosity, what are they giving you on trade?

$59k. With the tax credit (at 8.8%) towards the new car, that means I'd need to sell the car for $64k just to break even so that's pretty good. That's why the $68k asking price w/ mods. If I trade it in, I'll restore the car to stock (because I don't get anything extra for those) and sell the euro wheel, exhaust, and stasis sport suspension separately (I typically ask around 50% of new).
Old 10-21-2007, 06:47 PM

Default There are several reasons I'm going w/ the Pcar over the R8

There are several reasons I'm going with the Pcar ('07 C2S) over the R8. It wasn't an easy choice, especially considering how hard it is to get an R8 and my car already being in the order bank:

1) I'm uncomfortable with all the attention the R8 will get. I'm looking for a daily driver, not a garage queen or Sunday driver, and I don't want to have to worry about people rubbing up against and drooling all over my car every time I park it, etc. Also, I'm not an extrovert when it comes to cars -- that's why I have a Daytona Gray RS4 This is BY FAR the biggest reason why no R8.

2) The R8 is an awesome car in virtually every respect. I really enjoyed my test drive, but belive it or not, the Pcar feels more engaging and satisfying to drive (at least to me) even though the R8 is a better handling car IMO.

3) The R8 is unproven, whereas the 911 has decades of refinement, etc.

4) I like the way the 911 looks better. It's a very emotional car for me.

5) Even though the MSRPs on the cars are close, you can get really good deals on '07 911s (over 10% off) which makes the 911 qute a bit cheaper than the R8. In my particular case, over $30k cheaper. If the cars were equal in price, I'd still have a hard time choosing, but given the price difference it becomes a much easier choice.

Thanks for asking,
Old 10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default With those numbers I would trade it.

Save yourself the headache. It might be a hassle to find a buyer at $68K.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default give us a heads-up if/when you sell the mods....

...I may be interested in your euro wheel.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Yep, that's what I'm figuring ...

Dealers will just take the car, no hassle. Private sell is a hassle but I figured I'd give this a shot too because that way I don't have to go through the hassle of of removing the aftermarket mods and selling them separately. I refuse to just give them to the dealer where they tell me they're worth nothing and then they turn around and use it as a huge selling point.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree with #1 and it is the biggest draw-back of the R8...

The R8 just draws too much attention. If I drove a debadged 997TT to work a few of the <b>car guys</b> might talk about it but nobody is really going to notice or talk about how much it costs. It wouldn't even stand-out sitting next to 2 other 997TT's, 2 996TT's, and several 996's and 997's.

On the other hand, if I drove a R8 to work <b>everyone</b> would talk about it and how much it cost. As beautiful as the R8 is, it just seems a bit conspicuous.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default good luck with the p-car... does your dealer have a buyer for your R8 allocation?

or do they just go down the list to the next person?

Quick Reply: Parting w/ RS4 is such sweet sorrow