RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

PES RS4 Supercharger... It's Here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PES RS4 Supercharger... It's Here...

Received some good news today...

I got a call from KMD Tuning here in NJ asking me if I'm still interested in S/Cing my car. I said YES... Here is the story.

It seems that PES has an RS4 test mule running with the S/C in place. They're ready to start sending out "pre-production" kits to KMD in a month to get things straightened out on multiple ECU versions.

Some specs I got from KMD:

- Same power gains as their current R8 S/C kit.
- No need to replace the hood. They're figuring out a way to modify the fuel rail so the S/C will fit in snuggly under the stock hood. Big plus!
- The kit is going to retail for $14,500.00 (not including installation cost).
- Kit will take 15-20 hours of installation.

Some more great news. KMD is looking for a minimum of 5 RS4's to have the first "pre-production" kits installed... if they can achieve a list of 5 RS4's ready to invest in the kit, they will be able to sell the kit alone at $10,000.00 a piece (not including installation cost). For serious buyers on this deal, the kits will need to be purchased up front at full cost. Again this deal will only happen if KMD can achieve a serious list of a minimum of 5 buyers.

KMD will be sending me some pics of the kit tonight. I'll be updating this post as soon as I get more detailed information.

So far here is a list of solid buyers:

1)KryptoniK
2)
3)
4)
5)
Old 08-20-2009, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks a great opportunity for all you US guys ... if you moaned about the power, here is your chance to correct it ...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

**** UPDATE ****

I just got off a conference call with KMD and PES. Here is some updated info:

1) This kit will be intercooled and running at 5psi.
2) More realistic release date for the pre-production kit to be in 6-8 weeks from now.
3) They have confirmed they are able to install the kit with the stock hood in place.
4) Official price of the production ready kit will be $14,500.00.

I should have pictures of the kit in place later on in the day.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very interesting, looking forward seeing the pictures once you get them!
Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KryptoniK
**** UPDATE ****

I just got off a conference call with KMD and PES. Here is some updated info:

1) This kit will be intercooled and running at 5psi.
2) More realistic release date for the pre-production kit to be in 6-8 weeks from now.
3) They have confirmed they are able to install the kit with the stock hood in place.
4) Official price of the production ready kit will be $14,500.00.

I should have pictures of the kit in place later on in the day.
According to their website, the 5 psi intercooled system is $8500.00
Why are they overchaging for the RS4? Also the same same site states that the the system provides 35% more power which would be aproximately 150hp. Do they have more firm numbers on this kit? It seems they should give a little more info if they want customers to shell out that kind of money sight unseen. Finally, I wonder what if anything this would do for the carbon buildup in the intake?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I realize it is tough to have too much power, but I wonder how long the clutch will last, and I wonder how durable the gearbox is...

No matter the final numbers, the motor will no doubt be 500+. That's a lot of go.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S4@last!::Now B7 RS4
According to their website, the 5 psi intercooled system is $8500.00
Why are they overcharging for the RS4? Also the same same site states that the the system provides 35% more power which would be approximately 150hp. Do they have more firm numbers on this kit? It seems they should give a little more info if they want customers to shell out that kind of money sight unseen. Finally, I wonder what if anything this would do for the carbon buildup in the intake?
I see your concern. I will assure you that in no way do we take advantage of our customers, "overcharging" dependent on the price of the car they purchased. Our pricing is set by the actual cost of the parts that make up the system, development costs, expected volume as well as other documented items. If you refer to our web page PES-Tuning.com you will find that at this time we do NOT have a supercharger system listed for the RS4 for retail sale (we do however have an amazing ECU flash for the car witch makes 30hp and 15lb ft over stock!). At this time we are taking orders for the systems at what I would call a pretty amazing introductory price considering what really goes in to constructing a product like this. There have been masses of inquires about the availably and workings of the system but the facts are that this is a limited production car therefore we are treating the entire build as it should be, with individualism and precision.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by patrick - pes
I see your concern. I will assure you that in no way do we take advantage of our customers, "overcharging" dependent on the price of the car they purchased. Our pricing is set by the actual cost of the parts that make up the system, development costs, expected volume as well as other documented items. If you refer to our web page PES-Tuning.com you will find that at this time we do NOT have a supercharger system listed for the RS4 for retail sale (we do however have an amazing ECU flash for the car witch makes 30hp and 15lb ft over stock!). At this time we are taking orders for the systems at what I would call a pretty amazing introductory price considering what really goes in to constructing a product like this. There have been masses of inquires about the availably and workings of the system but the facts are that this is a limited production car therefore we are treating the entire build as it should be, with individualism and precision.
Can you at least tell us what kind of numbers you are seeing out of the supercharger for the 4.2 S4? I know of at least one that was installed at the dealership in Colorado Springs.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by S4@last!::Now B7 RS4
Can you at least tell us what kind of numbers you are seeing out of the supercharger for the 4.2 S4?
I don't think we have hidden the results of the G4 supercharger system , have we?

Standard
HP:340 @ 7000RPM
TQ:302 @ 3500RPM

ECU Software
HP:366 @ 7000RPM (26)
TQ:318 @ 3300RPM (16)
Price:$695.00

AUDI G4 STAGE 1
HP:415 @ 6500RPM (75)
TQ:382 @ 4500RPM (80)
Price: $6,495.00

AUDI G4 STAGE 1 PLUS
HP:455 @ 6700RPM (115)
TQ:389 @ 4500RPM (87)
Price: $8,495.00

AUDI G4 STAGE 2
HP:515 @ 6800RPM (145)
TQ:465 @ 4500RPM (113)
Price: $8,495.00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVPzgB0LW0Y
Attached Images  

Last edited by patrick - pes; 08-25-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This is really making me rethink trading in the RS4. 550hp and 435 Tq?? That is insane. Anyone have any knowledge of how the MTM supercharger has been running, and the additional wear it puts on the car??

Quick Reply: PES RS4 Supercharger... It's Here...