RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Potholes, Uhgghghg!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Being a owner of an asphalt company I can tell you that in my state potholes are fixed by the DOT not private contractors. Performance asphalt patch is a kinda a new product that is cold and does not need to be compacted by a smooth drum roller. The problem is that I believe that the DOT leaves this product out in the elements a drys out the product. This causing the sticky tar to dry out. The product I use comes in plastic bags and is very sticky. A proper hot mix asphalt patch can NOT be done in cold weather with sub base frozen. Hang in there guys. I drive a S5 and know what you are dealing with.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
Being a owner of an asphalt company I can tell you that in my state potholes are fixed by the DOT not private contractors. Performance asphalt patch is a kinda a new product that is cold and does not need to be compacted by a smooth drum roller. The problem is that I believe that the DOT leaves this product out in the elements a drys out the product. This causing the sticky tar to dry out. The product I use comes in plastic bags and is very sticky. A proper hot mix asphalt patch can NOT be done in cold weather with sub base frozen. Hang in there guys. I drive a S5 and know what you are dealing with.
In my township, almost all road work is done by private contractors. It always says something like "Bob's Econo Paving & Plumbing" on the side of the trucks.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also live in CT and know the horror of the nightmare potholes. that's why my S4 stays in the garage until april 1st every year.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tillse7en
I also live in CT and know the horror of the nightmare potholes. that's why my S4 stays in the garage until april 1st every year.
The RS4 is the best luxury sport sedan ever invented for foul weather use. Don't "save" it for sports car/motorcycle weather. You have chosen the wrong tool for BOTH seasons!

Edit: Oops you said "S4". You know this is the RS4 forum, right?

Edit #2: OMG after thinking about it, saving an S4 for summer use is even crazier!

Last edited by ELEVENS; 02-20-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
The RS4 is the best luxury sport sedan ever invented for foul weather use. Don't "save" it for sports car/motorcycle weather. You have chosen the wrong tool for BOTH seasons!

Edit #2: OMG after thinking about it, saving an S4 for summer use is even crazier!
Good one - but got to say - pot holes are very hard on cars and people - understand why one would want a Pontiac G6 for them
Old 02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS

Why would I risk hurting ny beloved S4 when I have a company vehicle and my wifes VW GLI to beat on? And so what if it is a RS4 forum, we are all Audi brothers here.