AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   Reliability (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/reliability-2964124/)

markyoussef 12-16-2018 10:15 PM

Reliability

How is reliability on these cars? What is known to break/common issues?

Kenny147 12-24-2018 03:50 PM

Big ticket items..

Front/rear brake rotors.
Carbon Clean, which if you can, should include PCV and new or refurbed injectors.
Oil cooler lines. The connections and the oil cooler are made of dissimilar metals and corrode.
DRC or aftermarket shocks.

Other than that it’s cost me less to maintain than an equivalent BMW, I had before. As always, get a thorough PPI before buying, so you know what you’re getting into.

Dave in Gig Harbor 01-02-2019 07:18 AM

I agree with Kenny147. You will find the Audis have their quirks. My 2008 Audi RS4 Cabriolet just had the interior rear view mirror separate from the windshield. Seemed like no big deal, so I went down to the local glass shop. They said they cannot fix it. Apparently there is a mirror bracket that is adhered to the glass and if it comes off, you need to get a replacement windshield. Of the 81 cars I have owned in 50+ years, that is one of the strangest fails. Guessing this will be expensive to fix!

That said, I have loved the 7 Audis I have owned and the RS4 is a real treat. I had the carbon clean done for the first time at 63k miles, and the car revs better and feels a bit more "beserk". Lots of fun.

nuklear 01-10-2019 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kenny147 (Post 25252813)
Big ticket items..

Front/rear brake rotors.
Carbon Clean, which if you can, should include PCV and new or refurbed injectors.
Oil cooler lines. The connections and the oil cooler are made of dissimilar metals and corrode.
DRC or aftermarket shocks.

Other than that it’s cost me less to maintain than an equivalent BMW, I had before. As always, get a thorough PPI before buying, so you know what you’re getting into.

Listed all. I just add when cleaning Carbon, replace 2 potenciometers, sensor which is located under the manifold and check valve, and check for busted or losen vacuum lines and pretty much repeat that every carbon clean up. every 15-25k, as IM has to come over to change these parts, its not a bad of a car for how old it is and how its holding.

mahhddgtp 09-02-2020 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by nuklear (Post 25259790)
Listed all. I just add when cleaning Carbon, replace 2 potenciometers, sensor which is located under the manifold and check valve, and check for busted or losen vacuum lines and pretty much repeat that every carbon clean up. every 15-25k, as IM has to come over to change these parts, its not a bad of a car for how old it is and how its holding.

Just curious, what's the cost of the Carbon Clean? (walnut blasting I guess?) and what's the additional cost of the two potentiometers?