RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Road Rage Update - Mr. Lexus and Police Report (longggg)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Rage Update - Mr. Lexus and Police Report (longggg)

Here's an abridged version of the 10 page police report:

V-1 (Lexus) fled the scene. V-1's license # was called in to CHP by witnesses. P-1 (Lexus Driver) was contacted three hours after accident. V-1 had scuff marks on rear bumper.

Officer went to address of registered V-1 owner. Owner indicated that brother-in-law was driving car. She called him on his cell phone and told him to come home. Subsequent to his arrival, they took him to the CHP for questioning.

P-1 was in a rush to pick up his daughters and take them to school. He was in heavy traffic, stopped, and heard skidding, crashing behind him. He looked in his mirror and saw a car flipped over. He was not involved in the accident. He was not hit. He continued on his way.

Officer asked the following questions and P-1's answers followed:

Why didn't you stop when you saw the traffic accident behind you? I was in a rush to pick up my daughters.

Why didn't you call CHP about the accident? I didn't have my cell phone.

If you did not have your cell phone, how did you get the call from your sister-in-law? I picked it up later.

You were in a rush to pick up your daughters in SF. Why did you exit before you needed to? The freeway was backed up.

How did you get damage to the rear bumper? I noticed it when I picked up my daughters and realized that it must have come from the accident.

You said that you were not involved in the accident and you were not hit. Now, you are saying the scuff marks are a result of the accident? I did not feel getting hit by the other car.

If the scuff marks were a result of the accident, why didn't you stop at the scene? I was in a hurry to pick up my daughters.

You thought the scuff marks may have resulted from the accident. Did you call CHP or your insurance company to report the damage? No, I was going to call after work.

Why didn't you mention the scuff marks on the bumper until I brought it to your attention? <b>Mr. Lexus did not answer</b>.

The report goes on to document six witness statements (including mine) which confirms that he was swerving at 90 mph, tailgating, deliberately braking w/ no traffic, fleeing scene, etc.

The officer's conclusion included the following, " <b>P-2 (that's me) was driving an Audi RS4, a high performance vehicle with extraordinary braking and handling characteristics</b>. . . P-1 (Mr. Lexus) was driving V-1 without regard for the safety of other motorists, exceeding the speed limit, tailgating, and making unsafe lane changes. P-1 caused this traffic accident by making an unsafe lane change directly in front of V-2. This caused P-2 and P-3 to take evasive actions to avoid V-1. This was a violation of 21658(a)VC. . . P-1 was also in violation of 20001(a) VC, hit and run. . . I recommend that charges be filed against P-1 for 2001(a) VC, hit and run causing injury."

END OF REPORT

BTW, the rollover driver is okay. Ironically, he rode his bike to work shortly after the accident and experienced a bad accident where he chipped two front teeth and needed 17 stitches in his face. I just got off the phone with him and he seemed to be in good spirits. What a month for him!

I should have my car back by early next week!!! 22 days and counting. . .

Here's the original link:<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/50661.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/50661.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 06-01-2007, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Glad they took care of that a$$ hole.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:53 PM
gtc
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Next week is right around the corner!

I am glad that the driver of the Lexus is going to be held accountable for his actions. His story does not make any sense, and it is quite clear in the police report.

I am also happy to hear that your RS4 will be out of the shop soon. You must miss your car very much, I know I would. Sometimes I look out of my window just to see it parked in my driveway. "Yes, that is my car," I say to myself.

Thanks for sharing the police report, Mike. I'm also looking forward to the day you get your car back.

-Greg
Old 06-01-2007, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default F'in scumbag....

How old was the offending driver?

To properly serve justice, they should make that SOB stand in traffic on the freeway and let a convoy of RS4's attempt to run him down.

Driving fast to get somewhere is one thing...being that belligerent for no good reason and endangering lives MUST have consequences.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default cool...hit & run is a felony, no?

i wonder if it will go to trial.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the update. I like the officer's evaluation of the RS4!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Have you been to the gym lately?

I usually park to the right of the facility, but occassionally long neck around the corner (by the dive shop/straw hat pizza) hoping to get a glimpse of your car. I was there three times this week. . .
Old 06-01-2007, 08:15 PM

He was 34 w/ daughters. . . sheeez
Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Trial?

Although I have no interest in pursuing this any further (unless I don't get my diminished value claim paid through the subrogation process), I would be more than willing to help out the rollover driver.

Whether it's criminal or civil, I'll be happy to support his efforts.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ???

if it's a felony, I think he has the right to have a jury trial, but I'm no legal expert. I would think most people probably plea bargain to avoid the trial in that scenario, but you could conceivably be called to testify.

i don't know anything about the penalty for that offense, but i was always under the impression that hit &amp; run was pretty serious. send him to alcatraz!

Quick Reply: Road Rage Update - Mr. Lexus and Police Report (longggg)