RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Rockstar car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockstar car?

I had to post this because I know that you guys will get a chuckle out it. So my wife and I are out last night and she decides that she wants to stop by the dealer to look the Q7. So we pull into Champion and we are immediately mobbed by onlookers. My wife gets out of the car with a look of disbelief (actually she thinks all of us car guys are certifyable but that is another story). We literally had 4 people asking questions about the car for 15-20 minutes. It was quite entertaining, my wife even started to get into it after a little while. When we got back into the car after leaving she turned to me with a straight face to ask "what is so special about this car anyway?". I don't know if you guys ever have similar experiences but I knew that you would appreciate the situation.

Keith
Boca Raton, Florida
Old 05-18-2007, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default my old TT was more of a 'rockstar car' than the RS4.

but I had the TT when it was relatively new (2001). for the first year or two, there would literally be a crowd waiting for me anywhere I parked it.

I've only had a few people say anything about the RS4....few thumbs-up here and there, not much more. a guy in a new M5 gave me a thumbs-up, which I guess is quite a compliment.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Your wife answered her own question

Most people just don't get it - that's what makes it so cool
Old 05-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Rockstar car?

Cool story Keith.
Wish that would happen around here. My RS4 doesn't really turn many heads.
Although, pulling into the gym parking lot yesterday with my windows down, a woman walked up and was like "wow, what do you got in that thing? I heard you coming all the way down the street."
I replied a 420hp V8. Her final response was "cute car". That's the second woman that's called my RS4 a "cute car" Huh???
Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: my old TT was more of a 'rockstar car' than the RS4.

I actually have quite a few ocassions where a very nice car (sometimes much nicer than mine) will pull up next to me and give the thumbs up. I've also had the...look in the rearview mirror and there is someone taking a picture of the car with their cell phone. The best was going to a hand car was and as my car is coming out sandwiched between a 430 convertible and a Bentley coupe the car wash guys all come over and say that is one of the most bad *** cars that they've seen in a while. It does seem to me that the car does attract attention from knowledgable people. Plus I am the only RS4 that I've seen around my parts. I know there are more but I haven't seen them.

Keith
Boca Raton, Florida
Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the TT is kind of a "chick" car
Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default more like chick magnet.

which is part of the reason I got rid of it...too much attention.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

you should have PIITB.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Default when you buying your car, did you tell your wife.....

"I am just buying an A4 for daily commute"....

Thats what I did because she will jump on me if I am buying another performace vehicle.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: when you buying your car, did you tell your wife.....

No, but I am one of the guys that put the H&R's on the car just to give it a more aggressive look. Everyone noticed it and started asking about the ride and everything associated with changing them out. They obviously weren't married. When we got back in the car, the wife had a few pointed questions for me on the cost of making a modification like that.

Quick Reply: Rockstar car?