AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   RS4 B7 should have more power (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/rs4-b7-should-have-more-power-2951407/)

Cloaca 06-13-2018 09:59 AM

RS4 B7 should have more power

I just bought the 2006 car last month and I could sense right away it was not always delivering the power it should. Its either not getting the fuel or the air. I've read about the carbon issue but I feel its more related to fuel or air...

Hope somebody can give me a jump start...
I'm based in Holland btw.

Cloaca 06-13-2018 10:02 AM

Sorry for not properly introducing myself btw... I was more or less "pushed" to register... :D

Reggie 06-28-2018 04:18 AM

If you are not going to use a dealer then start by getting a VAG-COM

RAudi Driver 07-01-2018 06:05 AM

maybe ya got a vacuum leak. Check the hoses that run into your mufflers.

Cloaca 07-04-2018 04:02 AM

Thanks guys,

I've checked quite bit in the meantime.
Completely cleaned the inlet section.
Huge amounts of carbon deposit..!!
The clean only made the engine run smoother in idle.
The engine was still missing power.

I've checked and cleaned the MAF. I've checked the EGR. No CEL of any kind..!! I've checked the flap in the ait inlet housing. Flushed fuel nozzles.

It feels as if the fuel is not delivered in the correct amount.
Or the spark plugs are misfiring even though it has titanium plugs mounted.

Funny thing is that I installed a 2.0 engine MAF to see how it would affect the engine performance.
It only delivered slightly less power..!! And still no CEL..!!

SharinganUser 07-11-2018 05:53 AM

How many kms?

Cloaca 07-16-2018 01:00 AM

Only 125.000km...
The coils were replaced as well...
I'm now installing a "fresh" MAF... just to be sure it's 100%...

Dave in Gig Harbor 01-02-2019 07:33 AM

With these cars, it seems to me that at times, you are better off going to a dealer or top notch independent to see what the problem is VS putting parts on it. My way is normally the "try new parts", but at the price, it can add up to a lot of $$ and not fix the problem.

Case in point: I had the econ light stay on all the time on the climate control display on my 2008 RS4. Had a shop I use scan the car, and it was the high pressure sensor. The shop was not equipped to do A/C work, so I decided to fix it myself after reading about the issue. Bought the sensor, tore off the bumper, replaced the sensor, the paid a shop to charge the A/C system and verify it was charged properly. Worked well for about 5 minutes. Shop checked the entire system again, and could not find an issue. All in, about $250.. Took the car to the best local shop around, and they fixed the issue. The new sensor I bought was not communicating with the car (aftermarket sensor, not OEM/Audi), so they installed a new one and added a bit more refrigerant to the system as well. That was $600, which was about what I was told it would cost by the first shop, with them jobbing out some of the A/C charging.. SO, I could have saved $250 and not had to deal with pulling the front bumper, shuttling the car around, buying a sensor, etc.

Good luck with the fix. The first RS4 I looked at buying seemd down on power, so I passed. The second one was very powerful, and that is the one I bought. Ended up having the carbon cleaned out and now it is faster yet. Love the car!!

nuklear 01-10-2019 06:54 AM

VAG-Com is #1 mod :) But at the same time if anything went/was bad CE light would pop, cars are very sensitive, also we own 11-12 years old car! you would have to test drive another rs4 and see if it feels the same.