RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 Clutch PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Clutch PROBLEM

Has anyone herd of a clutch problem on the RS4. Mine went out only after 2800 miles. The hydraulic lines collapsed and the clutch pedal was stuck to the floor. Audi replaced the lines and took the car out for a spin and it happened to them as well. After three weeks they replaced the lines the pump and the clutch. All was fine car drove great. And then I just got back from a trip and the only way to shift the car in to first or reverse is to shut off the car, which disengages the pump **** in to the desired gear, and then start the car. Audi told me the first time that they had replaces one other line. The car now has about 3800, I don't want to have to go through this every thousand miles. What should I do???
Old 04-29-2007, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Take it back in. Log the time in the shop and if necessary lemon it for a new car

At the same time contact AoA and get on record there also. What you are experiencing is unacceptable. 30 days total service time, or 3 times for the same problem is usually the threshold for lemon law. If you just want them to repair your car, then have them give you a decent loaner and negotiate with AoA about having them compensate you for your monthly payments without a car.

Early build RS4s had a clutch vacuum line problem. My vacuum line was replaced and the clutch has worked flawlessly since then. I think you're experiencing an isolated problem. No technical service bulletins show up on clutch problems.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 2nd that, IMO lemon the thing. If you are having this many problems with car now who knows about

later when its out of warranty. I had my hose fixed also and the clutch works fine now.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

and unless you have a unique car, there are plenty in the US.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: and unless you have a unique car, there are plenty in the US.

I called AOA last time the car was in the shop and they did not help me with a single payment. I did get a A3 to drive but its just not the same. I am going to call audi right now to get the car fixed.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Send an email, print a copy, and send by Express Mail to this guy. Then call him.

Marc Trahan
Director, Product Quality and Technical Service

Audi of America, Inc.
3800 Hamlin Road
Auburn Hills, MI. 48326
Unites States of America
Tel. +1 248 754 4885
Fax. +1 248 754 5150
mailto:marc.trahan@audi.com
http:www.audiusa.com

Explain all of your concerns and issues in a professional, yet direct manner. Ultimately, having your car repaired is his responsibility. Don't forget to mention that the issue you have is a serious vehicle safety concern.

Do not threaten. Just state facts, and let him know that you are concerned about the quality, reliability and safety of your car. It will get AoA's attention and place them on notice. If you have a personal or business lawyer, copy the email and the letter to him/her.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:17 AM

He's gonna love you giving out his name here, LOL
Old 04-30-2007, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm sure that a solution will be found quickly.

He probably isn't even aware of Tibbits clutch issue. I suspect the service tech didn't do his job right and the dealer will get one hell of an *** chewing.

I've learned to never be shy in going to the man in charge. Often he's shielded by layers of management trying to CYA.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:04 AM

Default I agree

you're right about getting thru lines of defense. I was just saying that if I was this AoA guy, I wouldn't exactly be thanking you for telling people to contact me. Not that you doing this is wrong. Not at all. Just kind of laughing at it from AoA's perspective.

Why do you think Audi dealer techs are so generally clueless about servicing the RS4? Even some of the oil change descriptions here. Did they invest nothing in tech training for the RS4?...at least here in the states? Maybe a cost thing again. Why put out that kind of expense for 2000 cars that they want to maintain profits on?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I guess I'm lucky

My service tech went to RS4 school. And they have a different tech going to R8 school. I imagine to spread the new knowledge around.

My tech has already fixed my clutch vacuum line problem correctly. And has repaired an early DRC failure on another RS4.

Quick Reply: RS4 Clutch PROBLEM