RS4 ... Discontiuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 ... Discontiuning

Hi everyone

I am a new member here at this great forum

I love the RS4 very much BUT I have heard from Audi Agency in my country that the RS4 would not be produced anymore. Additionally , they said the RS3 would replaced the RS4 therefore the RS4 will be dicontiuning. Measns there will be no next generation of the RS4.

Any one can confirm this ?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I doubt that.

Whilst we may or may not see a B8 RS4 (despite some supposed spy shots), I'm sure we'll see another RS4 at some point in the future.

The RS4 has been a successful model for Audi and will continue to fill the gap of performance/halo model in the small-medium sedan segment.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No other comments !

Please share the subject with us
Old 09-04-2011, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Al Waleed
No other comments !

Please share the subject with us
There is a RS5 coming - it has a 450hp V8 and was easy to add as a model because the S5 has a V8 and was easier to pass all the safety and emissions testing required for a new model.
There probably will not be a B8 RS4 as to stuff a V8 into that model will require a lot of additional cost to pass all the testing needed by the gov. If one does come out it will probably have to be a V6 s/c but one wonders how much more hp one can get from that engine without making it less reliable and still have a impact on better performance.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the post dear Reggie

If this would be true that there is B8 RS4 coming , would the prices of the second hand raises up ot at least be stablazied !? Any idea could be shared

second , I think Audi will sucrifice driving enjoyment by putting a V6 s/c engine into the potetial B8 RS4 instead of the V8 Natural Espirated engine in the current one
Old 09-05-2011, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Reggie
There is a RS5 coming - it has a 450hp V8 and was easy to add as a model because the S5 has a V8 and was easier to pass all the safety and emissions testing required for a new model.
There probably will not be a B8 RS4 as to stuff a V8 into that model will require a lot of additional cost to pass all the testing needed by the gov. If one does come out it will probably have to be a V6 s/c but one wonders how much more hp one can get from that engine without making it less reliable and still have a impact on better performance.
FWIW, the S5 coupe is getting the S/C V6 in spring of calendar year 2012 for early model year 2013. The S5 convertible and overseas only S5 Sport-back already have the S/C V6 (which these two S5s had right from the start).
Old 09-05-2011, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by Audi S5 TC
FWIW, the S5 coupe is getting the S/C V6 in spring of calendar year 2012 for early model year 2013. The S5 convertible and overseas only S5 Sport-back already have the S/C V6 (which these two S5s had right from the start).
Yep I know that - it makes sense for them to do that since the gas mileage is much better with the V6 as will be the weight reduction.

But the fact that all the qualifications for the RS5 were mostly done already for a V8 as well as internal testing made putting the B7 RS4 V8 into it a piece of cake.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have heard from Audi middle east Managing Director that there will be a V8 Twin Turbo B8 RS4 that would be launched on 2012
Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Al Waleed
I have heard from Audi middle east Managing Director that there will be a V8 Twin Turbo B8 RS4 that would be launched on 2012
That Middle East Audi Marketing Director is obviously blowing smoke. There is no way the B8 RS 4 (if there is one) will get the twin turbo gas 4.0 V8 when the RS 5 (which is higher end than the RS 4 would be) has a high revving, normally aspirated gas 4.2 V8.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by Audi S5 TC
That Middle East Audi Marketing Director is obviously blowing smoke. There is no way the B8 RS 4 (if there is one) will get the twin turbo gas 4.0 V8 when the RS 5 (which is higher end than the RS 4 would be) has a high revving, normally aspirated gas 4.2 V8.
I was at a tech session in Denver last weekend on the A6 and A7. The tech did mention a V8 turbo coming but not for the RS4. This turbo will have the turbos sitting in the center of the engine where a supercharger typically goes. The intake will be on the opposite sides of the cylinder-heads where the exhaust headers are typically located.

Quick Reply: RS4 ... Discontiuning