RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 exhaust?

Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 exhaust?

Is there an exhaust out there the maintains the original sport "S" button option and functional? and still increase performance and have the option of having it quite and opening up the tone!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EvlD3mon
Is there an exhaust out there the maintains the original sport "S" button option and functional? and still increase performance and have the option of having it quite and opening up the tone!
Sure. MTM, valved Milltek, and ECS H-Pipe are some options, ranging from over $4000 to $300.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

... and still increase performance and have the option of having it quite and opening up the tone!
Be aware that, on a naturally aspirated motor, the best you are going to get is a slight increase in top end (above 6k rpm) performance. In most cases, you will lose some [noticeable] low end torque, something you might be enjoying tremendously right now.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If he stays with a 2.5" exhaust system (IE Milltek) he should not lose any low end. If he ups to 2.75, that may be the case...
Old 01-31-2011, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you are doing a cat-back, I don't think you are going to see any gains or losses anywhere. The cats are the most restrictive bit.

I can feel no difference anywhere with my Tubi. I felt no difference with a Milltek, and I could tell no difference with an x-pipe. But the sound sure is different in all three.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default JHMotorsport exhaust?

anybody have any experience, feedback, on JHMotorsport, I'm shopping for my B7 RS4 EXHAUST SYSTEM and HIGH FLOW CAT DOWNPIPES matching it with a GIAC chip tuning?

Thank you all for the great insights, its great to get some real feedback from actual users before spending mor cash on a rare and expensive toy.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default JHMotorsport exhaust?

anybody have any experience, feedback, on JHMotorsport, I'm shopping for my B7 RS4 EXHAUST SYSTEM and HIGH FLOW CAT DOWNPIPES matching it with a GIAC chip tuning? debating between JHM or GNG exhaust and a REVO chip?

Thank you all for the great insights, its great to get some real feedback from actual users before spending mor cash on a rare and expensive toy.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Capristo is the best sounding one with an optional remote which controls flaps and backpressure.

Alex from europrice.com is selling them as a group buy on audizine.com (RS4 subforum...check out the mtm, capristo, tubi exhaust thread)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

AWE Tuning is pretty close to me, just outside Philly. One of my buddies has their exhaust on his S5 (they one with the V8). It sounds amazing, so I'm sure it would sound amazing on the RS4 as well.

Here is a link to their site and they have several sound clip videos, with different exhaust options:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/a...4-exhaust.html
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Awe tuning for sure. Best sounding exaust out there!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS4 exhaust?