RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 reliability...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had the seat memory ECU replaced. No other issues. 26 k miles, third set of tires, second set of front brake shoes

The only bad thing I can say is that the RS4 with a Tubi may be one of the best sounding cars on the planet. So, when you get the bug to trade to something else, it becomes a hard decision. I have auto ADD, and I still have the car going on 3 years. I think that is a record for me.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I know these responses only reflect a very very small sample size, but still great to hear...especially from those with higher mileage. I have always enjoyed driving coupes for some reason...but with two little ones, I wanted to get a four door. I told my wife that I would switch to a sedan only if it was an Audi RS4! I thought about the M3 sedan, but didn't really like the styling that much.

I have always loved the looks of the RS4. It's not flashy...BUT when you get close to one, you can definitely appreciate its aggressive stance and looks.

I will be checking one out this Sunday! If the car is as described, I will be driving home in one.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I hope to be on this forum a lot more in the near future.

Please chime in with any other comments about your experiences. I love hearing about them
Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by colonelq
75 k and counting, front brake pads and rotors once and on my 3 rd set of tires RE-11 now, changed to Stasis suspension w/o DRC leak but no mechanical or electrical issues love it def buy again.
If you haven't had your engine pulled apart to clean the carbon, I wonder how much HP you are down.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

dude I don't know because been using fuel additives for nearly 65k and RLI motor oil, and have never felt that the oomph was gone as some have described but next service will have them pull off the covers and take a look.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not impressed with the quality at the moment

- Synrho on the second gear is broken and Audi refuses to fix it. The dealer now said it's covered by 12K, 1 year warranty. What the hell is that? What is bumper to bumper then?!

- Weirdest problem. Water in my trunk lid. Not in the trunk, but inside the lid. No clue how it gets there as it looks all sealed. It's in the shop now, but I suspect they're not doing anything to it since they already called me and told that they haven't found anything wrong. Maybe water just dried out...

The car is good, but not its quality... Sorry, but if I have to pay for the synchro, the next one will probably be Japanese. I never had a problem with them and their interior is superior over Z germans.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

And as far as regular check ups, I was told only the first (5K) is covered. 15K was out of my pocket.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Obormot
And as far as regular check ups, I was told only the first (5K) is covered. 15K was out of my pocket.
That's odd! My car had both its 5K miles and @ 15K miles covered. I have Audi Care though. Do you know if you have Audi Care?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not sure what that is. The guy offered me something like that for twice the price of a single check up. That's not considered free if I have to pay for it twice as much. Right?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting RE: the memory seat module. I bought mine used in May and haven't been able to get the memory seats to work properly. I guess I should try again and, if that doesn't work, head to the dealer.

My 2007 RS4 with 25,000 miles has had no problems that I am aware of. I did replace the brake rotors and pads (front) at about 23K miles.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

It will sound like I'm pissed off and talk bull here, but my memory seat doesn't remember my position properly. All settings are fine except for the back. It does remember it to some extent, but I have to incline the back further every time I press the memory seat button. And of course I tried to reset it many times. It simply doesn't get it...

I don't even count it as a defect. Never complained about it, but since you mentioned...

Quick Reply: RS4 reliability...