RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 reliability...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be it, 15; 25; 35; 45k service covered. Change your own oil between each if you want and you're good to go.
Sorry you've got some issues, hope it gets put right. FWIW I'm ok with Japanese TVs, but the idea of having a car I may not find amongst all the other similar ones in the parking lot, sterile feeling to drive... skip. What would you get?
Old 09-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I have the exact same problem

Originally Posted by Obormot
It will sound like I'm pissed off and talk bull here, but my memory seat doesn't remember my position properly. All settings are fine except for the back. It does remember it to some extent, but I have to incline the back further every time I press the memory seat button. And of course I tried to reset it many times. It simply doesn't get it...

I don't even count it as a defect. Never complained about it, but since you mentioned...
So far my "new" RS4 has a leaky trunk lid, memory seats that will not remember the back position, a defective fold down rear seat latch and back up sensors that work about 50% of the time. The seat memory will store the seat bottom position but the back has some preset position that it defaults to. The dealer is replacing the trunk lid, seat latch, and control unit for the seat memory. Of course the back up sensors worked when it was in the shop so they will look at that again later.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default thinking of a high mileage rs4

Hi all, there is a rs4 for sale for 29k with 95k miles, one owner, all freeway, i have no idea if it has bleeding shock and/or carbon buildup issues, I'm assuming yes on the latter for sure, is this worth it, especially if I can talk it down to 25k?

I'm light on mileage but will use for autocross and an occasional track day
Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spokese
Hi all, there is a rs4 for sale for 29k with 95k miles, one owner, all freeway, i have no idea if it has bleeding shock and/or carbon buildup issues, I'm assuming yes on the latter for sure, is this worth it, especially if I can talk it down to 25k?

I'm light on mileage but will use for autocross and an occasional track day
Hi, Spokese.

I'm not sure about 95k. I still drive mine. Everything's good, but it's far from 95k. It's under 40k.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have 80k miles on mine, did the 75k service a few months ago along with a carbon clean. My car pulls strong but it's just some creaks with the interior plastics. Other than that, still good! Here's to a long life V8. I hope.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by petoria
My car pulls strong but it's just some creaks with the interior plastics.
I would recommend cleaning and then applying a rubber care product (such as Einszett Gummi Pflege Stick) to the door seals (plus sunroof and boot if you want to be thorough).

Should dramatically reduce any creaking type noises.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Alister
I would recommend cleaning and then applying a rubber care product (such as Einszett Gummi Pflege Stick) to the door seals (plus sunroof and boot if you want to be thorough). Should dramatically reduce any creaking type noises.
I think he was referring to hard plastic pieces making noises by rubbing against each other or other hard surfaces.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie
I think he was referring to hard plastic pieces making noises by rubbing against each other or other hard surfaces.
Yup, a major culprit I find is the armrest. I can't get it to be quiet! I think there's some rattling from the heater too, I believe there's a TSB for it, but I'm out of warranty and I'm sure it would cost an arm and a leg to replace some 6-8 parts in the dash. =S
Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie
I think you'll find most noises heard in the interior are not actually from plastics rubbing together at all (despite what most people initially think).

IMO, well worth giving the rubber seals a proper clean (I use a citrus based cleaner) and then applying a proper rubber care product.

Makes a big difference IMO!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You have to be careful what you use for squeaks and creaks. For example, GM has a bulletin regarding squeaks that lists certain products (such as Armor All - does anybody actually use that stuff anymore?) which actually CAUSES squeaking. Once it's deep into the cracks and joints, you could be married for life. For my E39 M5, BMW warned not to wax the door jams as it made the rubber seals creak and squeak.

As pointed out by Alister, I've also heard good things about Einszett's Gummi Pfleg. The half dozen (or so) Einszett products I've tried were both unique and extremely effective.

The RS4 ages well and remains "tighter" with miles in the suspension, drivetrain, and interior than many or most other cars. I wouldn't let high mileage be too much of a deterrent if I were looking. Good luck finding your car.

Quick Reply: RS4 reliability...