RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 Roller (2008, 93k Miles, Red)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 06:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Roller (2008, 93k Miles, Red)

All,

DISCLAIMER: If this thread needs to move over to another section of audiworld, I'll be happy to do that with apologies. Just wanted to get it in front of the B7 RS4 folks specifically so it isn't drowned out by other posts.

Unfortunately I had a catastrophic engine failure on my 08 RS4 ... cracked block, it will need a whole new engine to repair. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with it at this point, but I need to investigate the possibility of selling it as-is before purchasing a used engine. But make an offer that makes sense to me and I can avoid the headaches of trying to get the car back on the road. The car is aesthetically in very good shape for 93k miles, and during it's life it had all the required maintenance's performed at Audi dealerships (have all the paperwork). At the end of September I put $3500 into it for several items, and in addition to that a couple months earlier I put new tires on it. I'm willing to get any/all additional information for anyone making serious inquiries.

Now for the tricky part ... doing research on used engines and labor, for me to sell as-is, the price will have to be north of $10k. I haven't seen any data on what RS4 rollers will sell for, and I'm sure there are people who will laugh at that suggestion (and I fully understand that and why). I'm looking for the rare buyer who might already have a compatible engine, probably has the know-how to install that engine, and who puts a premium on the condition of the rest of the car. PLEASE READ THE REST BEFORE RESPONDING.
  • I'm not interested in getting told this is too high of an asking price for a roller ... I already know that. I'm looking to see if there are any takers out there for a special situation.
  • Assume the engine is 100% gone ... I do not have the logistical ability to do ANY diagnostics on it (including even dropping the oil pan). I'm also not interested in discussing what caused the failure here (there's another thread already on that topic, please contribute there if interested in that discussion).
  • I will NOT be parting this car out, under any circumstances. I don't have the logistical ability to do that, or the heart.
Thanks for your attention.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Saw your posts elsewhere. For what it's worth, the car does look in great shape and $35K all-in, for what would then be basically a brand new RS4, is not ridiculous! Sorry you can't afford to just throw the new engine in it for $25K. There are not going to be any more cars like these. ...I feel your pain!
Old 11-26-2018, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tony Page
Saw your posts elsewhere. For what it's worth, the car does look in great shape and $35K all-in, for what would then be basically a brand new RS4, is not ridiculous! Sorry you can't afford to just throw the new engine in it for $25K. There are not going to be any more cars like these. ...I feel your pain!
Thanks Tony ... sequentially working my way through my options now. Fingers crossed for a happy resolution one way or another. These are definitely special cars!
Old 12-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Car is off the market ... mods feel free to delete.