RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4's new stable mate.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4's new stable mate.....

I've been itching for a new daily driver and decided to go with the S5. I purchased an Ibis white, auto, NAV +, tech package and carbon inlays. IMHO this is one of the best looking cars on the road today. Looking forward to picking it up on Saturday!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats. I agree that the S5 is one of the best looking cars on the road today.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:35 AM

Congrats. Fully agree, Walter da Silva did a great job with the S5. And personally I would take the 09 V8 engine over next model yr's V6T (even though it is more moddable platform).

Post some pics!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RS Maniac
Congrats. Fully agree, Walter da Silva did a great job with the S5. And personally I would take the 09 V8 engine over next model yr's V6T (even though it is more moddable platform).

Post some pics!
Thanks. Last year for the V8 was the factor that led me to get it now. Dealer told that Audi has stopped taking orders for the '09 S5. Will probably trade it in for the RS5 if/when that comes to the US. BTW, were you driving in NYC on the lower west side a few weekends ago. If not, there's another RS4 like yours that has the amber fog light covers.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by stell1
Thanks. Last year for the V8 was the factor that led me to get it now. Dealer told that Audi has stopped taking orders for the '09 S5. Will probably trade it in for the RS5 if/when that comes to the US. BTW, were you driving in NYC on the lower west side a few weekends ago. If not, there's another RS4 like yours that has the amber fog light covers.
I too am hopeful the RS5 will come to the US, and while the rumors strongly suggest the 4.2 FSI 450hp N/A engine, I keep a prayer it will be a forced induction V8 or V10, as unlikely as it may be...

Yup, that must have been me, the area of town I generally prowl around. LOL There are less than a half dozen Sprints with Ti package in the country, and certainly none with the amber fogs ;-o) Give a honk next time you see me, or better yet, come to our May 2nd get-together!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I too am hopeful the RS5 will come to the US, and while the rumors strongly suggest the 4.2 FSI 450hp N/A engine, I keep a prayer it will be a forced induction V8 or V10, as unlikely as it may be...

Yup, that must have been me, the area of town I generally prowl around. LOL There are less than a half dozen Sprints with Ti package in the country, and certainly none with the amber fogs ;-o) Give a honk next time you see me, or better yet, come to our May 2nd get-together!
I hoping as well for forced induction on the RS5, seems unlikely though.

Going to try and make the May 2nd GTG. I did the RS4 only cliffs on insanity run that Fluffhead put together last year, which was a lot of fun. Where did you get the amber covers? Would like to put on mine if you don't mind a copycat.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 AM

Going to try and make the May 2nd GTG. I did the RS4 only cliffs on insanity run that Fluffhead put together last year, which was a lot of fun. Where did you get the amber covers? Would like to put on mine if you don't mind a copycat.
Yeah, I missed the COI last year, went to Brazil to watch the closing round of the F1 season - one of few things that takes precedent over a RS4 GTG! LOL

Here is what I did for my amber lights, which caused some bi-polar reaction here of course given it's not the most mature of boards. I opted for Lamin-X protective film, chose the slightly hue-bluish film for the headlights, which I think looks awesome on Sprint, and for S&Gs I opted for yellow on the fogs. I ended up liking it a lot, and of course a lot of people will openly debate this too, but I found the amber lights very helpful in VT and New England fog going up skiing this winter. I took it a step further and replaced the light bulbs with true amber ones (PIAA, Razo, and Nokya make nice ones I can tell you where to source them if you need them). The Lamin-X product is excellent quality, it comes pre-cut for our applications, and it is an easy DIY job. You can look through my gallery for some other shots. or search 'Lamin-X' here if you care to see comments how I 'riced out' the RS4... To each their own, you will see it in person on the GTG so you can decide. It is an easy undo anyhow, so no worries there.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I missed the COI last year, went to Brazil to watch the closing round of the F1 season - one of few things that takes precedent over a RS4 GTG! LOL

Here is what I did for my amber lights, which caused some bi-polar reaction here of course given it's not the most mature of boards. I opted for Lamin-X protective film, chose the slightly hue-bluish film for the headlights, which I think looks awesome on Sprint, and for S&Gs I opted for yellow on the fogs. I ended up liking it a lot, and of course a lot of people will openly debate this too, but I found the amber lights very helpful in VT and New England fog going up skiing this winter. I took it a step further and replaced the light bulbs with true amber ones (PIAA, Razo, and Nokya make nice ones I can tell you where to source them if you need them). The Lamin-X product is excellent quality, it comes pre-cut for our applications, and it is an easy DIY job. You can look through my gallery for some other shots. or search 'Lamin-X' here if you care to see comments how I 'riced out' the RS4... To each their own, you will see it in person on the GTG so you can decide. It is an easy undo anyhow, so no worries there.
Thanks for the detail on the lights. Personally I think they look good. If you recall, all of the older model 'Benz's had amber fog lights. I had amber fogs on a truck I had and they definitely helped with inclement weather driving.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM

Thanks for the detail on the lights. Personally I think they look good. If you recall, all of the older model 'Benz's had amber fog lights. I had amber fogs on a truck I had and they definitely helped with inclement weather driving.
Agreed. In fact they were mandatory in France and a few other counties a while back (hence why all the Peugeots and Citroens had them, as did the Rally cars of WRC in years past).

The Lexus IS300 (prior generation) had them as standard here in the US.