RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Service frustrations...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service frustrations...

After Stevens Creek Audi repaired my first leaking DRC shock assembly, I've had an annoying suspension noise. I tried to get them to fix it but they said it was the battery tie down that was making the noise.

I took it to Carlsen but they said they couldn't work on it because it was related to the repair and therefore Audi wouldn't cover the warranty work, the original service shop would have to do it. I think that is BS. What if I had moved across the country?

I took the shop foreman from Stevens Creek for a test drive one day but unfortunately something that was happening almost all of the time, didn't happen. The foreman said to drop by any time when it was happening and we could go again.

I took the car in again today because the same shock assembly started leaking again. I had called Carlsen but they again told me the same thing that if they look at the vechile history and see it was repaired but another shop, I would have to take it there. So back to Stevens Creek I went this morning. The car was definitely making the suspension noise again so I wanted to take a tech for a drive. However, they said the couldn't free anyone up for the 5 minutes it would take to do the drive. Good customer service.

I also tried to have parts order the shock assembly and then bring in the car. Of course it requires a technician to approve ordering the assembly before it can be ordered. And of course it is a special order part that will take at least 3 business days to get.

My Audi service experience is certainly leaving a lot to be desired. It will definitely make me think twice about buying another Audi in the future.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is not Audi. It is just the problem owning a high-end limited production vehicle.

Do you think this would happen with an A4 2.0T or an A6 3.2? It would not. The parts would probably even be in stock. It goes with the territory owning a high-end exclusive vehicle. Thank God its not a Ferrari, Aston, or Bentley. Parts can take weeks.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That sux. Shame on Carlsen, and shame on Audi for dealers like Carlsen.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor

Default If you want to rid yourself of some of suspension frustrations maybe we can help...

We are having a sale on our suspension currently and if you are in the Bay Area we can install at our facility as well. If you are not interested in lowering the vehicle we can run the car at stock ride height. The system is extremely comfortable and competent. If you have any questions or we can assist in anyway just let me know.

Cheers,<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/48486.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/48486.phtml</a></li></ul>
Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I totally disagree with you. Even on my A4 if the part is not in stock it can take up to a week...

To get depending where they have it in stock in North America. Yes even my car can sit at the dealers for a week without any work being done to it. Also a work order and actual diagnostic as to be performed prior to ordering any parts. They do not want to be stuck holding on to a spare part.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I saw that one coming from a mile away!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: This is not Audi. It is just the problem owning a high-end limited production vehicle.

Its not just Audi, I've had service issues with BMW (M540) and Mercedes (C55)......
Old 04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor

Default Train coming at your through a tunnel...

Of course, if the stock equipment is not working as per spec and it cannot be repaired properly we do have an elegant and competent solution, it's on sale too!

Cheers,
Old 04-25-2007, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Really, wow - Cause I just got this refund check in the mail and have $$$ buring a hole in my pocket

I'm just givin you a hard time

Quick Reply: Service frustrations...