RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

So I finally had to add some oil to the car...........

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I finally had to add some oil to the car...........

one half QT before my DE at 3.5K and one half after at 3.8K. I have a feeling that the first half was due to the dealer under filling at 2.5K but I have no way to know. I was so used to no oil use that I stopped checking it and didn't check it after the first service. I also feel that one half after the DE is more than reasonable as I pushed the car far more than my normal daily street driving.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Hh Gawd, don't say it...

what, trying to start something here? Don't ya know what will happen? : )

And here I thought you would be able to trade that pallet of oil for some gourmet dog food to give to the wild boars out in that swamp of yours.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default How did you know about the wild boars we have?............

They run in packs. If they catch you they will stomp you to death and eat everything, bones and all. That's why anyone who disappears in the swamp is never found. If your really lucky they might find a bit of clothing in the boar crap.
For some strange reason they really love to eat BMW owners; maybe because they are so sweet ;-)
Old 12-03-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Re: How did you know about the wild boars we have?............

I thought wild boars were solitary creatures that eat berries and roots. Only sticking their big snoots in when threatened.

We have them aroud here, believe it or not, in the hills above Cupertino(a little north of san Jose, for reference). Also where my sister lives in Prescott, AZ.

They can get pretty nasty though.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:00 PM

Default By the way...

I too would attribute finally using a little oil to that time on the track.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Something's obviously wrong. I read on a messageboard that these cars devour oil

Those RS4 guys were so depressed they were drowning their sorrows in cognac!

My RS4: 0.25 quarts in 2000 miles. I'm bringing it in to the dealer for a look-see. Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong, then make it burn oil like all the other RS4s that I read about on that messageboard. It was wierd though. Only the non-RS4 owners knew about the problem.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LOL, that's a good one :-)
Old 12-04-2006, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Are you talking about javelinas or true wild boars? The ones we have are Russian blood razorbacks...

From Wikipedia - "Razorbacks will eat virtually anything. They can grow as long as 8 to 9 feet and weigh in at almost half a ton and can become very dangerous if they are cornered, wounded, and can injure or kill humans."

Javelinas will run from you, Razorbacks will run at you. We even had little 40#'s try to chase a full grown adult. They have the attitude just not the size. I had 1500ac that we used to hunt the big ones on with pistols. It makes for more fun if you are on the ground with them, face to face. Quite an adrenalin rush when they charge you ;-)
Old 12-04-2006, 08:52 AM

2nd, LOL.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Javelina's in AZ, true wild boars in mountains around SJ...

I have seen both in person, both places. I remember hunting(well, harassing) the wild boars in the mountains around San Jose, when I was a teen in 7th grade...a classmate's family owned a ranch and a lot of land up above the KP quarry in mountains above Cupertino...name was Voss. We used to ride old Honda 100 dirt bikes all over the place up there, camp out for days at a time in summer...keep in mind, we were 7th and 8th grade.

The ones where I'm at I believe were pigs that went wild from way back, maybe a couple hundred years or more, at least as the story goes.

Quick Reply: So I finally had to add some oil to the car...........