AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   So i think i am gonna cancel the RS4 and do euro delivery on a new M3 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/so-i-think-i-am-gonna-cancel-rs4-do-euro-delivery-new-m3-2707783/)

tbaker 07-01-2006 05:58 PM

So i think i am gonna cancel the RS4 and do euro delivery on a new M3

If I can get a test drive on the RS4 i may change my mind, but I don't need an all weather car (snows once per year in Portland and I will have an SUV as a beater)....

If the new M3 looks as bad as an M5 I will change my mind, but i do like the e90 3 series so far. If the timing works out I will get either a sedan or coupe thru Euro delivery when we go to Europe for a month or two in a couple of years. Wish Audi had Euro delivery...

dxben 07-01-2006 06:36 PM

I am betting the new M3 will look much better than the M5

I think the new Bengal look of BMW is actually acceptable for the 3series, its just horrible IMO for the other two cars, no offense to Bob and Larry, and anyone else who has these cars. I just don't care for them, granted its all opinion.

In any case, I don't think you can really go wrong with the new M3 if you don't need allweather and 4 doors.

On the other hand, you might want to at least get a test drive somehow, even if you have to put a deposit down and then take it back if you don't like what you find in the car.

123Thumperer® 07-01-2006 06:37 PM

audi is re-intorducing EU delivery. this fall i think. you could do it on an 08 RS4...

...i wouldn't have enough patience to wait for the M.

dxben 07-01-2006 06:41 PM

When roughly is the M3 being released in Europe and the US?

star607 07-01-2006 06:43 PM

Not a bad choice

I wish you keep in touch with this forum. When you do get your car, it would be interesting if one of us could meet with you and swap cars to see how the other one drives and then give us all an update of the event.

123Thumperer® 07-01-2006 07:27 PM

speculation at this point. but at least a year, likely 2. and EU delivery for US cars...

....won't happen until US spec cars are ready. EU delivery does not get you a euro model. you take delivery of the US model, drive it there, then bring it over.

dxben 07-01-2006 07:49 PM

Its really hard to say these cars compete when the latest model is always staggered

vs. the competitor.

I mean in 2 years they will be looking at the last year of RS4 production probably and ramping up for a faster car in a different class.

I say don't bother waiting, but if you're not interested in the RS4 there are other great options, especially if RWD is ok with you, which for me it is not.

sterni 07-02-2006 01:42 AM

So no RS4 cab.. dang it... I wonder if you could "sneak" one over..

Krokas 07-02-2006 08:41 AM

I think the e90 m3 is closer than that. I'd say end of year with

first deliveries in the US in the spring. The sedan will likely come a little after the coupe/convertible

Tomasz@Startup 07-03-2006 04:00 PM

If this turns out to be true... I may one of the first few to take the plunge.