RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

so read the thread below and there seems as no solution was found for tilting mirror? also does any

Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so read the thread below and there seems as no solution was found for tilting mirror? also does any

one have the part number for this so called seat rebuild kit?
seems i cant get a strait answer on why the air bag light is still on. some say re vag, but dont have codes, some say seat rebuild kit? i know there are others with aftermarket seats, what did you do, just put up with no tilting mirrors and airbag light?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default on another note i found out some interesting airbag info we should all know.. read inside

those with aftermarket seats. if you dont have the seat belt sensor switch connected as wewll as no airbag light and working, the actual airbag sensor that blows the bag in the case of an accident doesn't know if your wearing your seat belt or not and will deploy the airbags at full blast... bang-ouch!!
as well it doesnt detect if the accident impact was minor or major. so in a fender bender it can deploy and also at full blast.
apparently, the sensors know when your belt is on due to these switches and only will deploy at half power if the impact is hard enough, as to result in less injury associated with airbag deploys. and then, also can detect a fender bender style impact and keep the bags from deploying at all.
the rear of the car is some how connected to the system as well. im a little concerened with this thats why i want to see if i can integrate everything with my new seats. i dont want to get hit in the face by a full blast explsion in a small fender bender type accident.
just figured you guys should know all this if you didnt already.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

Default The only way to do it is full occupancy sensor install (seat rebuild kit) plus original female....

belt buckle. You are looking at around $700.00 for parts alone. This is how I got my Euro Recaros 100% integrated, it wasn't cheap nor super easy, but I know it works, and is right for the car.

~ Jason
Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default In addition to scanning the airbag module for codes, did you also check the ECU for codes?

I've scanned a car that had the airbag light on and found that it triggered a code both for the airbag controller and the ECU.

Clearing the code on the airbag controller did not make the light go away. So, I randomly decided to scan the ECU and found a code there. Clearing that code made the light finally go away.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

this might be the best thing to do. do you have a part number for the rebuild kit?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ill try for the time being but still dosnt help with the blast factor problem.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You need euro coding in your seats and/or airbag modules. this is a common setup

for overseas RS4s
Old 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

Default I will look, but I'm not sure where I put it..best bet is contact carson at riverside audi...

He helped me with all my parts
Old 03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

where can i get the coding information?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thanks a part number would be so helpful. i may be able to get the parts through a wholesaler .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so read the thread below and there seems as no solution was found for tilting mirror? also does any