RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Some information I want to share regarding installation of the European Bumper....

Old 11-29-2006, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some information I want to share regarding installation of the European Bumper....

When I planned on installing the bumper I got different information from different people on what would be needed for the install. So, I just want to let everyone know the parts needed vs. what the European ETKA might suggest.

All you need it the European bumper and parking sensors. The # of sensors will depend on what you decide to do.

The US mounting harware (brackets, braces, etc.) and US parking sensors work as many people might have thought. However, the European ETKA shows different mounting harware part #'s then the US part #'s. I can tell you that the US harware works and fits perfectly so there is no need to order the European hardware unless you want the entire package. I don't know what the difference actually is between the parts. Maybe it has something to do with US regulations, maybe it's a weight difference, or maybe Europe just uses different part #'s for those parts.

If you decide to hook up the front parking sensors and want all 4, you will need special holders for the filler panel parking sensors to mount them. But, you can still use US parking sensors. I only got two sensors to fill the holes in the bumper, so they are not hooked up and therefore I didn't really need the filler panel ones. You will most likely also need a different filler panel if you want all 4.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great post! Thank you.