RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Sort of sad, this whole M3 business.. good thing the new M3 comes out in 2 weeks

Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sort of sad, this whole M3 business.. good thing the new M3 comes out in 2 weeks

I mean, as a Yankees fan I have come to accept that the Red Sox finally beat us and in a humiliating fashion.

That is called reality. It doesn't take away from our dynasty.

Why can't BMW fans let us Audi fans have our moment of glory in the RS4? Why is there so much himming and hawing, and excuses, every time an M3 gets rapped by an RS4?

And this whole business about the RS4 being a brand new car. As if it hasn't been available in Europe for a while now, and as if the chassis is brand new. When you consider how a lot of the RS4 is taken from the RS6 (suspension, brakes, DRC), the only truly new thing is the engine, and most of that has existed in spirit in Audi's long line of V8s.

So please, give us a break already with this booolsh1t, ya know?

Talk to us when the new M3 is out.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:18 PM

Default You noticed, huh : )...

well said, by the way.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default When you have a woody for the blue&white prop plain facts can't be seen.

The BMW fans won't even get the cute play on words with prop and "plain" because nothing can be faster than an M3. In their defense though some of us were acting like RS4's could run with the new M5 when our car first came out.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Seems like the RS4 sits square between the M3 and the M5, and considering

many have dumped their M5 for an RS4, or at least seriously cross shopped the two, I think it's fair to say the car can "run" with it in terms of sports car credentials, if not absolute performance.

It's pretty damn close and is more fun to drive, sounds better, looks better, has AWD, and despite what Larry says I think the RS has a much nicer interior when not counting the full leather option which the RS4 has in Europe, for whatever that's worth.

When you consider that the 6MT M5 will not have fully defeatable traction programming, it seems like the M5 is a real missed opportunity with enthusiasts and a big score with blind BMW fans.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 PM

Yeah, hard not to notice
Old 12-14-2006, 10:34 PM

Default Are you two twins? : - )

I don't mind the comparo's or the mocking you do with the M3, if anything it's a compliment to the legendary status of the car.

Both of you spend much of your time here trying to prove that a car with 80+ more HP can barely beat a 3.2 liter with 333HP and no TQ, don't we already know this? I'd love for you guys to post your thoughts on the M3 forums.

I can assure you with a set of 3.91 or 4.10 gears the M3 can run with an RS4. Seeing that the RS4 comes stock with 4.10 gears, I wouldn't see the new shorter gearing on the M3 as an unfair advantage. It's closer than you might think. ;-)

On the track no doubt the RS4 will do very well and has looked fantastic in every vid I've seen of it, it is flat out a great car, most of the mature and level headed M3 owners I know acknowledge that. I was suprised how well the M3 did in the vid, based on what've I read here you'd think it would have come in 4th place, lol.

No way the RS4 can run with the new M5. On a track I concur the RS4 obviously shines there but in acceleration, not a chance. An E39 M5 with an exhaust walked it with ease.

I've yet to see any RS4 1/4 mile times from independent owners. Can't wait to see their ET's and traps, that'll tell us more as well. I actually think the E46 M3 and RS4 is a good comparo, most of the magazines and TV shows do too. With the exception of R&T, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are similiar as well, due to RWD traction issues, the latter more so.

Right now the RS4 is the winner no doubt, but that will change shortly, let's see how you two behave when that happens. ;-)
Old 12-15-2006, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Are you two twins? : - )

The facts: I will own a blue RS4 in about a month (for a price quite close to the M3 here in Greece)
Never owned an AUDI or a BMW, but have been inside an AUDI Turbo Quattro and was surprised. Also been inside but also driven for a week an M3 while in San Francisco. Suprised as well, BUT in a different way!

Guys, I can't really get it so maybe it's just me! Both cars serve needs and likes of drivers and that's why they will have their share in the market, both lovers and haters. Comparisons and speeds and feeds are all more than welcome but why do we have to mock on each other group of people?

I didn't go for the beemer purely for:
age of 1) design, 2)technology, 3)looks
lack of FWD and only 2 doors..

When the new one comes out it'll be (for the best of BMW!!!) a better performer/car than the RS4 today. Probably. Do I care? Absolutely NOT! I do enjoy people driving M3s, M5s, RS4s, RS6s and whatever they fancy (for their own reasons I'm sure).

I don't own AUDI or BWM shares, so I don't mind what's the "best" car for others. I do take into account forums like this and driver's oppinions but always on the basis of what's best for ME!

So, to cut a long story short, all this "aggresive" talk, sometimes is amusing, sometimes it's just too much :-)

Having said that... you're ALL free to comment because that's what forums are for and that's what freedom of speech and mind is for :-) I'm in no way blaiming or critisizing anyone (no way!)

Just my 0.02 euro cents :-)
Old 12-15-2006, 04:15 AM

Well said!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default WTH are you doing here you troll! Go back to where you came from will yeah. LOL.

How are you D? I see you are still loving your Bimmer. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:18 AM

Default Uhm

To say I spend "most of my time" here talking about the M3 is clearly BS. I hardly spend time here doing any talking of the M3, I just happened to step in yesterday after a full thread.

I think it quite funny for you to point to me for this.

In any case, you only proved my point with a litiny of variables and "but" and "if" thrown in.

Nobody here fails to acknowledge the M3's achievements.

And as to why I don't go to the M3 boards to gloat? Well for one I think that would be a bit lame, although if they had a particular thread that was living in dreamland on the RS4 I would think it was fair to post in that one thread. But I am not going to start new threads on an M3 board just to prove a point.

I will mock those people here however, and I don't see why that should bother you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sort of sad, this whole M3 business.. good thing the new M3 comes out in 2 weeks