RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Springs & Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs & Sway Bars

Hello everyone I am looking to do springs and sway bars. Can anyone give me some input on which ones to go with. I have had my eye on the H&R sport spring set and sway bars.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Keep in mind that you will have to depressurize DRC to install the H&R springs. I would not fvck with DRC at all especially if you haven't had any issues.

I would just go CO's and be done with it. KWv3 or stasis ms depending on pocket.

Were you at the NYC run?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the input. People have told me if I didn't have any problems with the DRC to leave it in and just change the springs and sway bars. I missed the NYC run forgot I had a confirmation to go to.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by krazpony1
Thanks for the input. People have told me if I didn't have any problems with the DRC to leave it in and just change the springs and sway bars. I missed the NYC run forgot I had a confirmation to go to.
But to install only the springs you still need to depressurize the DRC. It is definitely not worth it IMO.

They rarely get the DRC correct at the dealer and you are opening yourself up to problems. If you are going to mess with the DRC at all, just get rid of it.

Also, IIRC Stasis recommends against changing the sways if you were to choose one of their coilover options. I'm not sure what KW recommends for theirs.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone I am looking to do springs and sway bars. Can anyone give me some input on which ones to go with. I have had my eye on the H&R sport spring set and sway bars.

Thanks,
Jason
Springs are not a great mod for the RS4. The DRC system is unreliable as it is, and aftermarket springs will only stress it more. Either install sways on the stock suspension or go with coilovers.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have the Stasis MS and you sure as hell don't need sways with the stiffer springs and the Ohlins dampers.

I would agree with the dominant opinion: stock or coilovers. Remember that shocks need to be valved to work in conjunction with the spring rates on the car. The DRC may have its issues, but Audi are not a bunch of idiots, and changing the spring rates and ride height without changing the dampers is not going to come out well.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

WOW..........Thanks everyone for the input. Ok so I guess I'm going with a coil over system. I live in Westchester NY and drive the car every day. I'm looking to tighten the car up some but not lose the ride quality. I know I will lose some. Also want to bring the car down a little for a better stance. Any recommendation on which system to go with?
Old 06-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

WOW..........Thanks everyone for the input. Ok so I guess I'm going with a coil over system. I live in Westchester NY and drive the car every day. I'm looking to tighten the car up some but not lose the ride quality. I know I will lose some. Also want to bring the car down a little for a better stance. Any recommendation on which system to go with?
Stasis ms.

I just got it installed and I cant say enough about the quality.

The car is tight and the ride quality is at 95% of DRC.