RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Swap: From KW V3 to Stasis MS.. advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap: From KW V3 to Stasis MS.. advice needed.

Hey everyone,

I've had the V3's installed for about a year now and have enjoyed them a lot. No complaints on how the car rides at all.

The reason I'm thinking about doing the swap now is because europrice.us just posted a great deal on them that's very very tempting...

After reading a bunch of posts on the MS and seeing how the spring rates are setup to reduce understeer and all, I'm really thinking about shooting for it.

I do plan on starting on some track events atleast 2 times a year and lots of spirited driving on remote twisties.

I also plan on installing a S/C if VF releases a system that truly works, so I want to make sure the car is balanced and handling appropriately for additional power.

Anyone have input?
Old 04-03-2009, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

whats up dave idk if this means anything as far as your choice goes, but the mtm clubsport rs4 uses the kw v3's
Old 04-03-2009, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

hey Rich how's it going?

That's a good point, I think I just have the mod bug again and feel like doing something on the car. I'll just save the money and put it towards the S/C fund.

We have to meet up sometime, you have to sit in these seats... they're amazing! Give me a call whenever you get a chance, wanted to ask you something regarding Meth Injection.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What sort of deal do they have on the MS suspension?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Why the eff would you spend the same money twice? Retarded. Dude...don't waste your money. Your suspension is DONE. Move on. You might as well spray paint your KW's cause other than the color, that's the only difference it's going to make.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by craiglieberman
Why the eff would you spend the same money twice? Retarded. Dude...don't waste your money. Your suspension is DONE. Move on. You might as well spray paint your KW's cause other than the color, that's the only difference it's going to make.
Thanks, I came to the same conclusion

The deal I found is $3,500.00.. 500.00 savings, not bad.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So you don't think there is much of a difference between KW V3 and Stasis MS?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vijay
So you don't think there is much of a difference between KW V3 and Stasis MS?
Because I've been in an RS4 with the Stasis on it. Rode/handled no different than mine. We both had the exact same tire at the time.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Because I've been in an RS4 with the Stasis on it. Rode/handled no different than mine. We both had the exact same tire at the time.
So this was the Stasis MS and not SL, correct? I'm nearing this decision and the price difference between the KW V3 and Stasis MS is substantial so I want to be sure.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would say if possible take a ride in two cars with the different setup as well as the stock DRC's.

I had a couple sets of coilovers and spring on previous rides and they were not stock feeling by all means. Handling was much improved but it was not relevant in my case since I was using the car on the California freeways.

In my eyes if my DRC kicks the bucket I would seriously consider coil overs.
Pure reason is the cost as well as the aggravation but I have no intention to track/race the car.

Cheers

Nick

Quick Reply: Swap: From KW V3 to Stasis MS.. advice needed.