RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Is there life after Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there life after Porsche?

Getting very close to my RS4 purchase. Thanks for all the advice/help along the way. I called around today and got the very bad news about what RS4 leases are like (pretty much equal to an M5 lease w/$90k sticker).

I also spoke today with the potential buyer of my pristine 1998 Carrera S. I never thought it would be so hard to have that conversation --- final logistics for payment, shipping, etc. I love the car and will probably regret selling it... but with a 2 yr old and another due in Jan, the RS4 just seems like a better choice vs. my Porsche and Toyota Avalon beater (current cars).

Has anyone else sold a *special* Porsche as part of their transition to an RS4? No offense to the 996/997 crowd...but there is something special to me about one of the last air cooled rear wheel Porsche ever produced.... I am getting a little sellers remorse *sigh*
Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Is there life after Porsche?

Try leasecompare.com or talk to the dealer about not using audi's financing rates - you should be able to get it down quite a bit from Audi financing's quote if that is who you used.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default thanks - leasecompare.com no longer has RS4

any other sites/suggestions?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Once you get the RS4, the Porsche will be but a distant memory...
Old 11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: thanks - leasecompare.com no longer has RS4

Yes they do, I just talked to them a few weeks about the RS4. You might want to give them a call.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Try this link for lease compare

I don't know why its here but not on the main page but it works and gives you a rate from at least one bank:

http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_quotes_2.php?make=Audi&model=RS4
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Evil Buddha...

Hey man, aren't you in Baton Rouge, LA or somewhere nearby? I just ordered an 08 RS4 from Harris and by some weird chance there was a brand new phantom black one sitting in the shop that had just come in for a guy who ordered it back in July. I know there's a guy who's got a red one, yours, and now two black ones..

BTW, who can do suspension work around here? i.e. install coilovers and do the DRC refill thing? Did the dealer do that for you?

regards,

Patrick
Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Evil Buddha...

I am in New Orleans. I use Randy Greff, I think he can do just about anything you need. $$$ per hr but great work. Are you going to the Ferrari races this Sat at NPR?

http://www.frenchquarterclassic.com/wp/<ul><li><a href="http://www.greffmotors.com/">http://www.greffmotors.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 11-01-2007, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default sure...thanks

just going off their website, no longer has RS4 information...

was your experience good with them, did you find any good money rates for the RS4?

thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks!

So your in N.O., cool. I guess that'll make 3 of us in BR then. I don't make it down to NPR often but sure would like to see that! Will Prob be glued to the TV for the LSU game however.

Thanks for the shop tip - I'm going to def. give him a call when I get my car in. Have fun at the races this weekend!

Quick Reply: Is there life after Porsche?